U2 The Virtual Road Live Thread - Stop 2: U2 Live At Red Rocks

Max Tsukino

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Red Rocks was great.  Hearing Gloria and 40 helped set up going into Holy Week for me. Being able to hear and watch it with a community helped ease the pain of not being able to gather with my church's congregation for the Easter Triduum.  Thanks, U2.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
On 3/26/2021 at 1:47 AM, xrayjets said:

Ive a dream that one day I’ll be at a show where 40 is the closer.

I've been lucky.  Singing, "How long.." all the way to the car with other fans doing the same is a wonderful experience.

• Community Moderator
18 hours ago, dmway said:

The way it is presented now (and since 2008), you have to wonder how Bono got on the roof. He’s just mysteriously there in the edited version. Even more, the scene that is on the cover of the UABRS album/cassette/CD/DVD (and, hopefully someday, BluRay) is no longer in the show! That image defines that album/show!

Finished my yard work earlier and decided I’d rest a bit and rewatch the show while it’s still available. That shot that is on the covers is still very much in there during The Electric Co. AA331772-6527-4D0D-A931-8724216E8AB6.png 

• Like 3

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Finished my yard work earlier and decided I’d rest a bit and rewatch the show while it’s still available. That shot that is on the covers is still very much in there during The Electric Co. AA331772-6527-4D0D-A931-8724216E8AB6.png 

Yes, I noticed that isolated scene back when we watched it together. They must have colorized the album shot.

Still, as @acrobat quoted Bono from the show in London (and which seems to be confirmed by the bonus track on the Paris i&e DVD/BluRay), they must have paid for the rights in the meantime. It’s unedited on the Paris show; why not here too?

Edited by dmway
Error
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

That's fantastic, Mich!! Thanks for sharing :) 

Just re-watching again... much energy, so 80s... so good!

Bono's smile at the beginning of I Will Follow... :wub:

Waitin' for the next stop.
I hope I'll be able to watch it ASAP - time change tonight :blink:

• Like 3

• Community Moderator
48 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes, I noticed that isolated shot back when we watched it together. For some reason, though, the color is different. In the extended part on the original video, the scene is as orange/red as the cover, the mist reflecting the light of the torches.

I wonder, when they went to the lengths that they did to include this isolated clip, why is the color different?

They didn’t. For obvious reasons, I can’t post it in here, but I just got out my VHS to see if my memory served me correctly and it’s always been that dark blue except when he says “turn on the spotlight” and it’s a few seconds of natural color. They just altered the color for the covers. 

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
9 minutes ago, mich40 said:

They didn’t. For obvious reasons, I can’t post it in here, but I just got out my VHS to see if my memory served me correctly and it’s always been that dark blue except when he says “turn on the spotlight” and it’s a few seconds of natural color. They just altered the color for the covers. 

it may be that's while having the permission to use the snippet on a recent show, it's either that it could not be the case for any old show... plus, doing all that work again just for a few extra seconds may become extra expensive as well.

Let's enjoy what we have, perhaps... It's more than we used to have back then, clowns or not...

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Right - I acknowledged that in my corrected post. I'm confused why the uncorrected post was quoted.

The original and main issue is the rights - have they been gotten or not? Surely that should be known.

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
Just now, Manohlive said:

Is there another view tonight at 9 pm?   I want to watch it again but will wait if there is. 

not really... but if you (or anyone else) want to organize one the zoo is open for it...

• Thanks 1