U2 The Virtual Road Live Thread - Stop 2: U2 Live At Red Rocks

Max Tsukino

• Community Moderator
19 hours ago, dmway said:

Right - I acknowledged that in my corrected post. I'm confused why the uncorrected post was quoted.

The original and main issue is the rights - have they been gotten or not? Surely that should be known.

The post was quoted before you edited it. Even if you edit a post, it only edits the original post, but not posts where it has been quoted. 

• Community Moderator
4 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

To finish off this whole Virtual Road thing we should have a watch party for EI Berlin. It was around this time last year when it first came out.

Feel free to lead it up. I’m sure there are people that would love to do this. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

To finish off this whole Virtual Road thing we should have a watch party for EI Berlin. It was around this time last year when it first came out.

I'd happily attend if there was one.

• Subscriber
On 3/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, Max Tsukino said:

it may be that's while having the permission to use the snippet on a recent show, it's either that it could not be the case for any old show... plus, doing all that work again just for a few extra seconds may become extra expensive as well.

Let's enjoy what we have, perhaps... It's more than we used to have back then, clowns or not...

I must admit had the clowns clip been included in this recent re-mastering of U2 at Red Rocks I would have been surprised. I feel there is more to this than we know, and you could be right Max with your theory. But I agree with dmway that Electric Co. is spoilt by its abscence.  
Many years ago, and I am talking about pre u2.com and pre computers and google, I managed to aquire a vinyl copy of Under a Blood Red Sky unedited, so it included the offending Clowns content. I had tracked this down through record collector magazine and was intrigued enough at the time to contact Island Records to find out a bit more. I was a bit taken aback when the chap I was talking to thought I was lucky to have got my hands on a copy as they had been withdrawn from sale due to the controversy over Stephen Sondheim’s lyrics and legal action. So for years I was under the impression that I had something rather rare. Only to find out with the arrival of the internet that there are CD copies / laserdiscs and apparently video tapes out there with unedited content. So not as rare as I first thought and as Bigwave mentioned the concert and CD have come out in many formats over the years and as I have since found out also in different edits. 

• Like 2

Got this on DVD... seen it loads... as well as the other 3 Virtual Road concerts... any chance of something new...!!! If you’re a U2 fan.....you’ll know these concerts back to front..!!! Let’s have a different concert.... different venue.

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
5 minutes ago, jon247 said:

Got this on DVD... seen it loads... as well as the other 3 Virtual Road concerts... any chance of something new...!!! If you’re a U2 fan.....you’ll know these concerts back to front..!!! Let’s have a different concert.... different venue.

Yes, it is on DVD and to each their own; but these virtual concerts have been remastered and enhanced.  They look and sound so much better than the dvds.

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mich40 said:

Yes, it is on DVD and to each their own; but these virtual concerts have been remastered and enhanced.  They look and sound so much better than the dvds.

Picture agree  Sound don't fully agree. See Virtual Road Popmart thread.

I like the remasters, especially the videoclips.

And yes...there should definately be something new. (Concert, documentaries). 

Edited by cristiu2