RSD June 2021 FIRE picture disc.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

I don't want to be negative again but haven't those live performances already been officially released? 

There’s nothing that says they have to issue unreleased performances. “Three”, “Songs of Innocence”, “Boy”, “The Blackout”, “Red Hill Mining Town” etc. were all previously released materials. They have issued just as many items for RSD events with no new material as they have with new material.

And as a good friend once said, “if you don’t want it, you don’t have to buy it.” There will be plenty of interest in the item from collectors, and at this point I’m sure U2 has a pretty good idea how something like this may sell.

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I've become friendly with our local record store owner. RSD drives a huge amount of business into her store. The band isn't going to see much revenue - particularly since they are only releasing between 5000 and 10000 units. But the local record store might see a month of sales revenue in one day. Instead of one or two people coming in and dropping $300, there might be 15 on that day (I know I've been guilty of that). And that's really the point. Kudos to U2 for helping encourage that.

Edited by bgans
typos