RSD June 2021 FIRE picture disc.

• Subscriber

A relatively successful morning. I missed the Thelonius Monk, but got the U2, Prince & Rage Against the Machine (among others).

• Brilliant 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a very successful day at my store. #supportlocal  

Being a bit of a vinyl junky I love the Record Store Day and U2 has a long history of supporting this. With so much music being streamed now, independent record stores need help to survive. I guess it

If you look at the RSD list, you will find that a good number of the titles are re-releases, or live versions that sometimes can be found elsewhere. Sometimes artists do first run and those may or may

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 6/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, Gavin82 said:

Roll on the next RSD what would people like to see ??

It wouldn't;t surprise me if they re-releases A Celebration for a future RSD.

Maybe a live EP of tracks not on the Live at Red Rocks Album.

A live EP of the Live Aid.

She's a Mystery to me.

Ground beneath Her Feet

• Subscriber

U2 will probably issue a re-release for Black Friday RSD. I'd love to see something new come out though, maybe some previously unavailable live tracks to celebrate the AB anniversary.

• Subscriber

Judging by the last few years, we are probably in for more "40th Anniversary" releases. U2-3 12", 11 O'Clock Tick Tock blue vinyl 12", Boy white vinyl LP and now the Fire picture disc. No I Will Follow, A Day Without me or Another Day though! Next year the 40 year anniversary will be 1982 so I'm guessing A Celebration?  maybe New Years Day or Two Hearts a year later?

I'm happy to pick up these items up but would prefer new stuff or at least previously unreleased live recordings. A live LP or EP like the fan club "gifts" or the Wide Awake in Europe EP would be good. A double live LP or a mix of live and studio cuts like Wide Awake in America would be ace too.

Realistically RSD will not yield totally new albums no matter how much we want it to. It seems to be mainly a case of reissuing anniversary records and back catalogue stuff with some gimmick like coloured vinyl/picture discs. You never know though ...

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

Being a bit of a vinyl junky I love the Record Store Day and U2 has a long history of supporting this. With so much music being streamed now, independent record stores need help to survive. I guess it is nostalgia but I like looking through vinyl records in stores, it used to be a regular Saturday morning excursion when I was growing up and something I really looked forwards to. I still find it irresistible not to pop into a record shop whenever I see one.

• Like 5
  • Subscriber

I was lucky enough to get my copy of "Fire" from Amoeba's website at 10 am PT on June 17th. I was out of town and not near a record store, so I gladly paid the $30 with free shipping, even though the plastic sleeve was dented in several spots when it arrived. Not a big deal.