U2 The Virtual Road Live Thread - Final Stop: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris

Max Tsukino

• Subscriber

I'm so glad they played "Invisible" on this tour. It bothered me a little bit that they added it only as an uncredited extra track on the bonus disc for SOI. (I wish they had added as a credited extra track on the main CD, the way "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" was an extra track for the UK/ROI version (and now 30th anniversary edition) of ATYCLB.)

Great song.

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

I love Bono's throwing the lyrics from David Bowie's "Fashion" at the beginning of "Mysterious Ways" (and that "Mysterious Ways" was played live and not subsequently cut from the DVD/BluRay later, but I digress...).

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
Just now, dmway said:

I love Bono's throwing the lyrics from David Bowie's "Fashion" at the beginning of "Mysterious Ways" (and that "Mysterious Ways" was played live and not subsequently cut from the DVD/BluRay later, but I digress...).

...and quoting Talking Heads later...

• Like 1

• Subscriber

"October" with the images from Syria is so moving. My goodness, the start of the migrant crisis was over 5 years ago already?

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, dmway said:

"October" with the images from Syria is so moving. My goodness, the start of the migrant crisis was over 5 years ago already?

Unbelievable. "These days run away like horses over the hill".

• Like 1

• Subscriber

"You will not have our hatred..."

Bono's quoting the husband who had lost his wife in the terrorist attack just weeks prior. (That was one of the stories that overwhelmed me at the time.)

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

The Innocence Experience concert I went to at the O2 in London was the best U2 concert I have seen, simply because the sound quality was incredible. 

• Like 4

• Subscriber

October/BTBS/Zooropa/Streets - who would have ever predicted that song sequence in advance? And it worked so well, and it highlighted the plight of the migrants at the time too. Amazing...

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1