U2 The Virtual Road Live Thread - Final Stop: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris

• Subscriber
On 4/17/2021 at 6:24 PM, Manohlive said:

I think there is a good chance they will do that further down the road.  One thing I have wondered:  People stream these days.  How many actually go out and buy DVD/BluRays?   I don't know.  It's been years since I bought one.  I'd buy something by U2 and a couple other bands,  but nothing else.  I don't want the space taken up and the discs become antiquated with the next technology.  At what point does it no longer become viable for U2, and other bands, to release things when the vast majority don't have to buy it to see it?  Again, I don't know.  If I was an artist, I would not be in any hurry to release a DVD of BluRay when everyone's just watching it on YouTube anyhow.  I'm wondering how much the fact that artist's no longer get paid for their music is affecting how they release things.  It's got to be very disheartening.  It'd be like not getting paid on Friday after working all week.  We'll see what they do.  Music, at least in my country, is no longer something you go out and purchase.  It's something people find on the computer for free.  It's not right but it is what it is.  How many people would actually go out and buy EI on BluRay?  I would not.  I have it on DVD, which is fine for me.   I'm not sure there's a huge market any longer but I could be wrong. 

You're definitely right that the popularity of DVDs and BDs has decreased. Especially with BD. When Coldplay released their live film in 2018 they only released it on DVD and released the HD digital version on iTunes. There is still definitely a market for physical media such as DVDs and BD's, and I think if they had released Berlin on BD / 4K it would have been profitable, it's just not as big as it once was. 

On 4/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, Madfl3a said:

I think I would buy it... If they did something nice with it. I love a good boxset tbh because there's always a ton of great stuff inside... It's like a forever Christmas present - because I tend to forget about what's in there after a while 😅

I would die for a I+E/E+I one seriously... I'm sure they'd come up with great goodies on the theme of Innocence to Experience. 

I am an absolute stream addict but I tend to buy stuff I really like without hesitation. If I'm not mistaken there was a download link for I+E too? That's the best. Having the physical stuff AND the dematerialized version. it's just a lot more convenient to watch on that format. 

So yeah... I say nice boxsets and download links would be perfect! I don't know if there's still a huge market for that, but there are still fans willing to give them all their money 😂

I love the idea of having an ultimate "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE" boxset. This is what I would include in it. I have to tried to keep it somewhat realistic and this product would be for people who are either completely new to U2 or who are discovering the "Songs of" era for the first time. This boxset should act as the ultimate one stop place for everything to do with that era. I know the live CDs of I+E was subscribers gifts but for the sake of this boxset I'll include them, and they've been aired on U2 X Radio too so not exactly exclusive. My idea: 

iNNOCENCE: 

• 1 x CD containing U2's 2014 studio album Songs of Innocence. 
  • 1 x CD containing U2's Live Songs of Innocence. 
  • 1 x Double CD containing an Audio Rip of U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015. 
  • 1 x MP3 digital download of U2's 2014 studio album Songs of Innocence. 
  • 1 x MP3 digital download of U2's Live Songs of Innocence. 
  • 1 x MP3 digital download of U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015.
  • 1 x Poster of U2's Song of Innocence. 
  • 1 x Book documenting the Apple release, the creative process behind the album featuring quotes from the band members, and an overview of the bands 2015 "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour". Featuring exclusive photographs and full setlists for each show. 
  • 1 x Exclusive Steelbook case.
  • 1 x 4K UHD Blu Ray copy of U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015.
  • 1 x Blu Ray copy of U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015.
  • 1 x MP4 digital download of U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015.
  • Bonus features on U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015 include: Cedarwood Road - A Gavin Friday Narration,  Out of Control (December 6th 2015 - Paris), The Future Better Hurry Up,  The Electric Co (November 11th 2015 - Paris), I+E Behind The Scenes with The Director,  Bad / People have the Power (With Patti Smith - December 6th 2015 - Paris).  The Wanderer, The Troubles. Music Videos: Ordinary Love, Invisible, The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), Every Breaking Wave, Song for Someone (directed by Vincent Haycock), Song for Someone (behind the scenes), Song for Someone (Directed by Matt Mahurin). Bonus Pro Shot footage: California (There is no End to Love), Volcano, The Troubles, Lucifer Hands, The Crystal Ballroom. 

eXPERIENCE: 

• 1 x CD containing U2's 2017 studio album Songs of Experience. 
  • 1 x CD containing U2's Live Songs of Experience.
  • 1 x Double CD containing an Audio Rip of U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018.
  • 1 x MP3 digital download of U2's 2017 studio album Songs of Experience. 
  • 1 x MP3 digital download of U2's Live Songs of Experience.
  • 1 x MP3 digital download of U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018.
  • 1 x Poster of U2's Song of Experience.
  • 1 x Book documenting the release of Songs of Experience, the creative process behind the album featuring quotes from the band members, and an overview of the bands 2018 "eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour". Featuring exclusive photographs and full setlists for each show. 
  • 1 x 4K UHD Blu Ray copy of U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018.
  • 1 x  Blu Ray copy of U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018.
  • 1 x  MP4 digital download U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018.
  • Bonus features on U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018 include: Pro Shot Bonus Footage: All Because of You, Desire, Staring at The Sun, Love is all we have left, American Soul, Landlady, Red Flag Day, The Unforgettable Fire. The Little Things That Give You Away (performed live on The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour). Music videos: Lights of Home (U2 at The BBC), You're The Best Thing About Me, You're The Best Thing About Me ( A Film By Tatia Pilevia), Get Out Of Your Own Way, Get Out Of Your Own Way ( MTV EMA Performance), American Soul (New York), American Soul (Live on SNL), The Blackout, Love is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way. 
  • Like 1
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some preshow reading. Not meant to be a downer, but a look at survivors just over 5 years out from the attacks.  https://www.dw.com/en/bataclan-attack-how-survivors-cope-with-the-trauma-5-years-on/a-5

From October to Streets... perhaps the heart and soul of the european i+e shows... quite intense...

Best segment in the history of music. Fight me. 

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 4/17/2021 at 12:24 PM, Madfl3a said:

I'd keep an eye on Feu!'s youtube channel. Dermot's uploaded his performance from the the virtual road a couple of weeks after it was taken down on his own channel

Good point, thanks!

• Subscriber
On 4/19/2021 at 4:51 AM, sukhjitkamal said:

You're definitely right that the popularity of DVDs and BDs has decreased. Especially with BD. When Coldplay released their live film in 2018 they only released it on DVD and released the HD digital version on iTunes. There is still definitely a market for physical media such as DVDs and BD's, and I think if they had released Berlin on BD / 4K it would have been profitable, it's just not as big as it once was. 

I love the idea of having an ultimate "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE" boxset. This is what I would include in it. I have to tried to keep it somewhat realistic and this product would be for people who are either completely new to U2 or who are discovering the "Songs of" era for the first time. This boxset should act as the ultimate one stop place for everything to do with that era. I know the live CDs of I+E was subscribers gifts but for the sake of this boxset I'll include them, and they've been aired on U2 X Radio too so not exactly exclusive. My idea: 

iNNOCENCE: 

• 1 x Double CD containing an Audio Rip of U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015. 
  • 1 x Book documenting the Apple release, the creative process behind the album featuring quotes from the band members, and an overview of the bands 2015 "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour". Featuring exclusive photographs and full setlists for each show. 
  • Bonus features on U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris 2015 include: Cedarwood Road - A Gavin Friday Narration,  Out of Control (December 6th 2015 - Paris), The Future Better Hurry Up,  The Electric Co (November 11th 2015 - Paris), I+E Behind The Scenes with The Director,  Bad / People have the Power (With Patti Smith - December 6th 2015 - Paris).  The Wanderer, The Troubles. Music Videos: Ordinary Love, Invisible, The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), Every Breaking Wave, Song for Someone (directed by Vincent Haycock), Song for Someone (behind the scenes), Song for Someone (Directed by Matt Mahurin). Bonus Pro Shot footage: California (There is no End to Love), Volcano, The Troubles, Lucifer Hands, The Crystal Ballroom. 

eXPERIENCE: 

• 1 x Double CD containing an Audio Rip of U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018.
  • 1 x Book documenting the release of Songs of Experience, the creative process behind the album featuring quotes from the band members, and an overview of the bands 2018 "eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour". Featuring exclusive photographs and full setlists for each show. 
  • Bonus features on U2's eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE: Live in Berlin 2018 include: Pro Shot Bonus Footage: All Because of You, Desire, Staring at The Sun, Love is all we have left, American Soul, Landlady, Red Flag Day, The Unforgettable Fire. The Little Things That Give You Away (performed live on The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour). Music videos: Lights of Home (U2 at The BBC), You're The Best Thing About Me, You're The Best Thing About Me ( A Film By Tatia Pilevia), Get Out Of Your Own Way, Get Out Of Your Own Way ( MTV EMA Performance), American Soul (New York), American Soul (Live on SNL), The Blackout, Love is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way. 

Give me all that for under fifty dollars American and I'll buy it.  Charge more and I'll watch that stuff in whatever format I can find.  It's a wonderful list but would price them right out of the market, at least for me. I was very negative toward the ATYCLB 20th anniversary vinyl/cd set, initially, because it was very expensive.  Ultimately, I spent more on ATYCLB merchandise than any other U2 release.  I bought the necklace and other stuff.  I still would not pay for the box sets.  (that's just me)  They did release it in a smaller version:  Just the album/cd and another with the live performances from Elevation.  I just noticed it the other day and am ecstatic.  I'll be buying it, as I badly want the live Elevation tracks on CD.  I think the above is nice but not what I'd want, as I already have too much stuff and I could fly to Europe for what they'd have to charge for such a set.  (again, just me)  If they did something like you suggest, hopefully they'd release a less expensive package as well, which just includes the two concerts.  That could satisfy fans like you, who want all that stuff and fans like me who only want the music when it comes to buying discs.  Ideally, I'd love to see the American EI show released on BluRay.  They could do that without upsetting subscribers who were told the EI Berlin show was a U2.com exclusive.  You can't promise that and then release the same thing in a different format without breaking your word.  Personally, I do not care.  Other subscribers will.

That's quite a list!   😁

I wonder how many of us would want to be rock stars when it comes to all of this and trying to make all fans happy.  I sure wouldn't.  I'd rather clean the grease trap of a fast food restaurant, which I've done and it was nasty.  Still, it'd be much less frustrating.  Good for me I'm not facing either task.  🤪

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

They did release it in a smaller version:  Just the album/cd and another with the live performances from Elevation.  I just noticed it the other day and am ecstatic.  I'll be buying it, as I badly want the live Elevation tracks on CD. 

Just a small word of caution with that particular version of ATYCLB. You won’t be getting the full version of the Boston show; you’ll only be getting highlights.

If you already knew that, then you’re all set. However, if you wanted the full soundtrack of the Boston DVD on CD, you would have to get the full boxset. You might want to check out the difference between the two versions - there are some pretty substantial omissions on the single live CD versus the 2CD version in the boxset. FYI...

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, dmway said:

Just a small word of caution with that particular version of ATYCLB. You won’t be getting the full version of the Boston show; you’ll only be getting highlights.

Thank you.  I am aware.  It doesn't matter so much to me.  (again, just me)   I want that version of Bad into Streets.  It's my favorite.

• Subscriber
On 4/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, sukhjitkamal said:

iNNOCENCE: 

eXPERIENCE: 

😳😳😳

200.gif.b8a19b1fb76d541436c88baffe51b2c6.gif

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

😳😳😳

200.gif.b8a19b1fb76d541436c88baffe51b2c6.gif

Great suggestion. Such boxsets are definately needed!

Coldplay is attached to the same (big) recordcompany, that wants to make money for not too much efforts. For art a disaster. They don't  look after quality and fans. The more smaller recordcompanies are releasing great boxsets, High defination audio on blu ray etc..

• Subscriber

1 x CD containing U2's Live Songs of Innocence. 

1 x CD containing U2's Live Songs of Experience.

They would now be negating two years of gifts if they included these.  You trying to start a revolution?  😉    Lol

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'll message you my address! 

Sorry mate, wouldn't be of much use - all my checks have Larry's name on it 🤣

• mich40 unfeatured this topic
  • mich40 unpinned this topic