So it's been about 15 years since U23D went around the world in IMAX 3D theatres...

Now there's a whole new generation of U2 fans who NEED to see it....

I would have loved to do a poll, but it seems I am unable to do poll on this forum...

Don't U2's new fans since 2005 deserve a chance to see this show in 3D, considering U2 won't release it for home media ...not to mention all of us who went around Europe seeing U2 on the Vertigo Tour ...

What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ourmaninbananas said:

So it's been about 15 years since U23D went around the world in IMAX 3D theatres...

Now there's a whole new generation of U2 fans who NEED to see it....

I would have loved to do a poll, but it seems I am unable to do poll on this forum...

Don't U2's new fans since 2005 deserve a chance to see this show in 3D, considering U2 won't release it for home media ...not to mention all of us who went around Europe seeing U2 on the Vertigo Tour ...

What do you think?

3 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

I'd love to go out and see this in 3D.

Thirded.

I saw this twice when it first came out (first in an IMAX theater in NYC, then again on a more traditionally-sized screen); it is indeed worth seeing. The IMAX show I sort of count as a concert I attended in the flesh - it really did feel just like being there.

This film does get occasional showings in theaters: e.g., in 2017 or 2018, an IMAX in NJ was showing the film; despite living in PA, I did entertain the idea of driving over to see it. If it ever happens again, I would definitely make the effort to go see it, even if I had to go as far as NYC again to do it.

It’s a great idea; I just have no idea whom to contact to make such a thing more possible. Starting a thread here is as good an idea as any. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

• mich40 pinned this topic
  • Community Moderator

I have pinned it for you. But you may also want to consider other routes too. You may want to consider contacting Fathom Events. They tend to do re-releases of movies and host a lot of concert movies all over the country, but keep in mind that there are many theaters that have not reopened due to the pandemic yet. 
Another option might be one centralized location and look into renting the film at a movie theater. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I have pinned it for you. But you may also want to consider other routes too. You may want to consider contacting Fathom Events. They tend to do re-releases of movies and host a lot of concert movies all over the country, but keep in mind that there are many theaters that have not reopened due to the pandemic yet. 
Another option might be one centralized location and look into renting the film at a movie theater. 

thanks, thing is, it's a 3D IMAX, and U2 will only show it in a 3D IMAX theatre...

I'll search out Fathom Events, but really this can probably only happen if several thousand fans want it...only the band members themselves can give the go ahead I think

• Subscriber

It would be WONDERFUL to see it again! I saw it twice in Dublin and then twice in Brazil. When I saw it in Dublin, I remember going to HQ Studio a few days later hoping to meet any of the the fantastic four. Then Bono came out to talk to the fans.... We got into a conversation and he asked me "Have you seen the 3D?" And I said: "Yes... It was amazing and I cried the whole movie". Knowing I was from Brazil, he said something like "Very funny when I said Argentina and everybody uuuuhhhh"...

Ps: the boo was because of rivalry on soccer

If anybody would like to see the video, it's here (I'm the one in red):

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Upvote 1

• Community Moderator
5 hours ago, ourmaninbananas said:

thanks, thing is, it's a 3D IMAX, and U2 will only show it in a 3D IMAX theatre...

The distribution and screening doesn't depend on the band... they may have a say, but it's not the only word on it.

I'll search out Fathom Events, but really this can probably only happen if several thousand fans want it...only the band members themselves can give the go ahead I think

Nope... it would be more of a matter with whoever has the movie rights...

• Thanks 1

• mich40 unpinned this topic