The Next Tour

• Subscriber

2015-2019 was an amazing period for U2 fans. The IE/EI tours plus multiple worldwide legs of the Joshua Tree 30th tour. 

Was the heavy touring in these years part of a contractual commitment to Live Nation? If so, hoping that the U2-LN deal requires more touring ASAP now that we are getting past the pandemic.

• Subscriber

There's been no news of the band recording anything new since they finished E&I tour.

Even if they have been recording I doubt they will release anything this year.

Any tour that follows is likely to happen 6 months after the album release.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

The pandemic is sadly pretty much here and there is a debate between people who have received the vaccine and people who refuse it. Because of this, every country has its own issues. The touring industry, especially in large venues, is heavily affected. It's really hard to predict when artists will be able to perform live again. This includes the future touring life of U2. The longer we wait, the better the anticipation! Think of this as new songs, new technology, new ideas. Perhaps also new venues! And meanwhile, save your money, so you can get to see more shows. 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

From what Edge and Adam have said in interviews from this year and last year, it sounds like they have a lot of songs ready for the band to go over together and make an album out of, but I don't believe they're in a hurry to do it. And I don't think they plan on touring until the industry figures out how to have shows safely - lots of artists who were supposed to tour but got postponed are starting to reschedule for this year and next, unfortunately the fans at those shows will basically be the guinea pigs that will help us find out if being vaccinated works or if masking is also required or if it just still isn't a good idea to have large events. I'm sure their contract with Live Nation does have a certain number of albums and tours involved, but if I remember correctly (and believe the rumors) that contract goes to something like 2028-2030, which gives them plenty of time to fulfill it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...