30th Year Anniversary of Achtung Baby

Whiskey187

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

You'll see when you get yours. It comes with an outer red sleeve but there is an inner cover also. Here's a link to a Tweet that talks about it and has pictures.

https://twitter.com/u2songs/status/1466562904724054017?s=20

It is numbered on the back.

thank you, I hope I don't get the cow one... nothing against cows though 🙃👍

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Disappointed that they didn't put some unreleased live or studio material with AB 30th I know they pretty much drained the Well with the 20th anniversary but an unreleased Zoo TV gig on audio and video would have made it a much more appealing package for the fans.

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ult said:

Disappointed that they didn't put some unreleased live or studio material with AB 30th I know they pretty much drained the Well with the 20th anniversary but an unreleased Zoo TV gig on audio and video would have made it a much more appealing package for the fans.

Me too. I didn't buy this release for exactly that same reason.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Does nobody within  management or the record company not say hold on a second we need to add some different content instead of just repackaging the album with different wrapping paper and charging a fortune for an album most fans already own ,they haven't put our an album since 2017 you'd think they would have gone all out with AB and ALTYCLB  anniversary editions with a lot of unreleased and live audio that fans hadn't already purchased. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, ult said:

Does nobody within  management or the record company not say hold on a second we need to add some different content instead of just repackaging the album with different wrapping paper and charging a fortune for an album most fans already own ,they haven't put our an album since 2017 you'd think they would have gone all out with AB and ALTYCLB  anniversary editions with a lot of unreleased and live audio that fans hadn't already purchased. 

Nope, they are just thinking about money. As long as everybody is buying these recycled material, they will never be creative to release something interesting...

I think they will be selling a lot more if there's something interesting on rereleases that come in various formats,  not only vinyl oe streaming but on cd also.

So there will NOT be a great POP repackage with demos or tracks that didn't make the album. Possibly a rainbowcoloured vinyl of the album and another streaming of Popmart Mexico.

Lame strategies.

• thumbs up 2

• Subscriber
On 12/31/2021 at 6:10 AM, cristiu2 said:

As long as everybody is buying

I think this is part of the problem.  Most people no longer buy music.  Whatever bands release is already available on YouTube or some other streaming platform.  Consumers who are not hardcore U2 fans are not gonna worry if this or that track is included in a new re-release.   Why?  The album's thirty years old. How many anniversary packages does one band need?  (pardon me, U2.  I'm thinking from an average consumer standpoint) 

One person buys this, burns anything new onto CD's and gives them to his buds. People like me wait a few years and then buy these sets used, at a fraction of the cost.  

On 12/31/2021 at 6:10 AM, cristiu2 said:

I think they will be selling a lot more

It would surprise me if any band was selling a lot of copies of rereleased material which now costs over a hundred dollars for music that's thirty years old.  (Again, no offense; this is how the people I know who buy music think.) I could be wrong but I doubt think there's a huge market for these big packages bands have been producing.  They've gotten too cost prohibitive. 

• Subscriber

How to release interesting things;

How to stay relevant;

How to excite fans.

That means not releasing the same quality of sounds in multiple colours vinyl and different covers of the same album. Another release from contemparies Tears for Fears, who will release there new album in high def 5.1 mixes on bluray, as well as cd/vinyl and even music cassette. At least they know how to release exciting material.

Screenshot_20220111-175751_Facebook.jpg

Edited by cristiu2
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

How to release interesting things;

How to stay relevant;

How to excite fans.

That means not releasing the same quality of sounds in multiple colours vinyl and different covers of the same album. Another release from contemparies Tears for Fears, who will release there new album in high def 5.1 mixes on bluray, as well as cd/vinyl and even music cassette. At least they know how to release exciting material.

Screenshot_20220111-175751_Facebook.jpg

Isn’t that pretty similar to what u2 did releasing the same material just in different formats? I would be disappointed with U2 releasing something like that. It’s previously unreleased material that interests me, albeit the tests for fears album will be previously unreleased but to offer so many different formats just seems a cash grab. What let the AB30 anniversary down was the lack of previously unreleased live content when that was so obviously what the 20th anniversary was also missing. In fact the the 20th anniversary was pretty short on unreleased stuff in general when you don’t include demo’s. For the cost of these boxsets, particularly the Uber, I’d be wanting an album of entirely unreleased studio stuff not alternate versions of the album tracks and I’d also be wanting a zoo tv show that we didn’t already have, not Sydney which had already been released. Why is it so difficult to give us unreleased stuff when we’re paying a premium.