30th Year Anniversary of Achtung Baby

Whiskey187

• Subscriber

my coloured vinyl arrived today and it's great. love the outer red sleeve, the inner sleeve I got the b&w picture of Bono in front of a woman.

I also like the poster that came with it of the guys in a trabant.

• Subscriber

My wife (then my fiance) and I skipped our own engagement party when 2 tickets to ZooTV came available out of nowhere. Still to this day, one of the best concerts I've ever seen. I would love to have a better version than Sydney. There's a nice set of AB songs on the Live in Paris DVD we got from the fanclub.

The album itself is just about perfect. I remember an interview with Bono and he said something like: "we want you to think your hi-fi is broken" 😆 

One of the Ten Best Albums of All-Time. I still listen to it all the time. Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Acrobat, Horses...all just brilliant.

That's all I have to say about that - Content Forrest Gump | Meme Generator

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, ramsatw said:

My wife (then my fiance) and I skipped our own engagement party when 2 tickets to ZooTV came available out of nowhere. Still to this day, one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

I envy you. I was 16 and stuck in Perth when they toured in '93 🙁 to this day I still regret not being able to of seen ZOO TV live. Achtung Baby was the album that got me into U2, their music helped me through high school. they did tour here for Popmart which was great (even though I don't remember much of the show) but the ZOO TV era was what made me a fan. 

:Zoo_Angel:

• Like 1

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

I envy you. I was 16 and stuck in Perth when they toured in '93 🙁 to this day I still regret not being able to of seen ZOO TV live. Achtung Baby was the album that got me into U2, their music helped me through high school. they did tour here for Popmart which was great (even though I don't remember much of the show) but the ZOO TV era was what made me a fan.

It was ZooTV that really got me into U2, but not until 6 years after it happened. Such a shame I never had a chance to experience that tour in person, but it will always be the era closest to my heart. Their music helped me through the last couple of years at school too!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Canadanne said:

It was ZooTV that really got me into U2, but not until 6 years after it happened. Such a shame I never had a chance to experience that tour in person, but it will always be the era closest to my heart. Their music helped me through the last couple of years at school too!

when it comes to U2's music nothing will top their 90's releases for me :AB::Zooropa::POP:

• thumbs up 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, BigBunny said:

:Zoo_Angel:

I remember hearing I Will Follow on KROQ in Los Angeles and being instantly hooked. My first show was War, when I was 17. I also saw The Unforgettable Fire Tour in San Francisco.

But ZooTV was such a massive leap forward in terms of sound and technology for their live shows. I'm glad I got to see it in an arena, not like the Sydney show. We went to the Joshua Tree Anniversary Tour at the 49ers football stadium, and it was ridiculous.

ZooTV indoors was awesome. Almost overwhelming. And the unmitigated gall of coming out with, what was it, something like 8 AB songs in a row?? 

Good times. Good memories.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, ramsatw said:

We went to the Joshua Tree Anniversary Tour at the 49ers football stadium, and it was ridiculous.

I didn't care for TJT Anniversary tour, to me it seemed like they were going through the motions 🙁 maybe it didn't help that I knew what songs were going to be played.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderator
8 hours ago, tomtom1619 said:

What's going on with the delays on AB 30 merchandise? Info has been hard to come by. Has anyone heard anything?

If you have not already, please contact customer service via the shop. I did contact them last week about an item I ordered (US Shop) and received the response that they are still waiting for the inventory to come in. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 1/17/2022 at 7:19 PM, BigBunny said:

I also like the poster that came with it of the guys in a trabant.

Is this poster a new picture that we've not seen until now?  If so, I'd love to see a pic. 

Edited by Manohlive