Time to get Real

zoocat

• Subscriber

Im in a brutal mood, havent listened to Bono and Edge new collaboration with the girly boy, no offence but if U2 return then they should be seriously thinking about their legacy and what would serve them best. War is quintessential U2 so raw and powerful and this is the lightning in a bottle they need to recapture, give us a no holds barred statement on the confused and fucked up world that we live in today with a dash of the U2 humanity thrown in, I know you guys can see what we do, are you brave enough to get really controversial and up everyones asses one more time, hoping so, bye for now

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I understand your point of view, but War has never been my favorite album. But U2 has indeed work to do.

I always predicted the band still has three albums in them and I hope they don't forget the raw, rock style the band once had.

I listen a lot to Boy and October and hope the band can also find that spirit again. They were truly great in those days, as in several other periods by the way.

What we first need now is a bunch of new songs. New material to conquer the charts and the live scene.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, zoocat said:

Im in a brutal mood, havent listened to Bono and Edge new collaboration with the girly boy, no offence but if U2 return then they should be seriously thinking about their legacy and what would serve them best. War is quintessential U2 so raw and powerful and this is the lightning in a bottle they need to recapture, give us a no holds barred statement on the confused and fucked up world that we live in today with a dash of the U2 humanity thrown in, I know you guys can see what we do, are you brave enough to get really controversial and up everyones asses one more time, hoping so, bye for now

I'm offended by your comment.  In this context your statement referring to a 'girly boy' sounds homophobic. Being peace & optimism are controversial.  I enjoy different kinds of music. I like to be surprised, so so don't think I would want to tell someone what they should write, there's power in words. 

• Like 2

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Malahide said:

I understand your point of view, but War has never been my favorite album. But U2 has indeed work to do.

I always predicted the band still has three albums in them and I hope they don't forget the raw, rock style the band once had.

I listen a lot to Boy and October and hope the band can also find that spirit again. They were truly great in those days, as in several other periods by the way.

What we first need now is a bunch of new songs. New material to conquer the charts and the live scene.

i & e was a little bit ahead of its time, listening to it now I have more clarity. The songs are more reflective. 

I only listen to oldies every other week 😏

Edited by hestia
Forgot something

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Malahide said:

The first three albums should be there focus on deciding upon a platform for the next album, Unforgettable Fire is a fantastic album as is Josh, they were significant steps in another direction after War, I cant help wondering what a U2 album would sound like if they said right lets make a record that could could be considered as a bridge between War and The Unforgettable Fire,I guess the question is which song or songs could sit comfortably from War on UF and vice versa, I would say 40 could slot in to UF, and thats it, do they think about these kinds of things I dont know, and does it really matter anyway, that I dont know too, but I do know this, they just cant pin there hopes on hit singles tunnel vision, those great songs that we all love will happen naturally or not, the whole body of the sound is key, and together with cutting edge lyricist in top form we can hopefully look forward to the next U2 classic, we sure need one thats for sure

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, zoocat said:

I cant help wondering what a U2 album would sound like if they said right lets make a record that could could be considered as a bridge between War and The Unforgettable Fire...

Songs Of Innocence?

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Songs Of Innocence?

Interesting yes,Im going to listen to War, Songs of Innocence and The Unforgettable Fire and report back 🌜

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 3:43 AM, zoocat said:

girly boy

These are his words, which took me less than ten seconds to find on the internet:

---I've been raised with the belief that everyone is equal no matter what gender, skin color, or sexual orientation. I'm from The Netherlands which is one of the most liberal and accepting countries when it comes to LGBT rights, but even here, not everyone is accepting. 

A couple of weeks ago, two gay men were assaulted in Holland because they were holding hands. A tragic event which sparked a beautiful response; a couple of days after the event took place hundreds of people walked hand in hand through Amsterdam to show their solidarity including many politicians. When people unite and stand up for other people's rights it creates such a beautiful and powerful message. We will not be defined by these heinous acts but instead how we band together and react to them, loyal, united and filled with love---

Those words are in responds to Billboard asking him to write a letter of support to the LGBTQ community, of which I am a member. 

Poland just voted several places, 'gay free zones' to protect family values.  Someone in Iran was recently beheaded by family members for being gay. That's one of the few, in Muslim countries, that made headlines. People who are gay are under threat and being murdered all over the world, including America. I'm not sure what your intent was, however, your choice of words comes across as derogatory. It has nothing to do with U2, their music or their message. 

You said you were in a brutal mood.  I'm sorry and hope whatever caused it has tempered. I've been there many, many times. I've lashed out in anger.  I've said some truly messed up things when I was upset.  I did not mean them.  I'm not sure you realize 'girly boy' is both dated and confrontational  It causes pain for some while it furthers a growing backlash against anyone who is different, or even appears to be so, for others. People could have called Jesus a girly boy because he hung out with men.  It's silly.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2