Time to get Real

zoocat

• Community Moderator

Please continue with the albums' discussion - as this would be the original intention of the thread.

Please be extra careful with any comparison or with any adjective you may want to add regarding these albums or the people associated with them...

If you feel like you want to make a point regarding gender and orientation, feel free to open a thread...

Thanks.

• Subscriber

Being a dinosaur who has more than a few turn of phrases to ponder over when cooking up a statement I sometimes forget that certain words could offend, I like to shoot from the hip and dont care too much about modern ideaology, and a big part of that is because its exactly why there is so much confusion in the world today, I dont have a sixpack abdominal region yet my brother in law is allways having a go at those he percieves should be in better shape, and nastily sometimes, but I brush it off, some phisiques will never get there sometimes due to genetics, So we all have our crosses to bear, 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, zoocat said:

Being a dinosaur who has more than a few turn of phrases to ponder over when cooking up a statement I sometimes forget that certain words could offend, I like to shoot from the hip and dont care too much about modern ideaology, and a big part of that is because its exactly why there is so much confusion in the world today, I dont have a sixpack abdominal region yet my brother in law is allways having a go at those he percieves should be in better shape, and nastily sometimes, but I brush it off, some phisiques will never get there sometimes due to genetics, So we all have our crosses to bear, 

Noted Max, back to the album discussion folks

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, Malahide said:

the raw, rock style

I was thinking about this.  Out of Control, Electric Co and I will follow have taken on new life, for my ears, ever since Vertigo.  I'd love to hear some rawer stuff.  They Fly also comes to mind.  I just listened to Twilight and others from Boy pondering this and thought it would be nice to hear some of the atmosphere on Zooropa on top of earlier, raw stuff.   I'm listening to Boy on shuffle.  The Electic Co is playing now.-23 seconds into that song still makes me go wow.   Boy - Tomorrow - those bagpipes get me every time. What I most get out of their earlier stuff these days is from the desperate cry (so it seems to me) in Bono's voice.  There's an urgency I'd gladly welcome on a new album.  I feel weird writing this. 

On 5/23/2021 at 6:25 AM, zoocat said:

Songs of Innocence

Raised By Wolves   It doesn't matter where we are from or which side we on (by situation, choice or accident) when it gets played.  The world gets vicious. Things are very tense right now. No one should suffer.  We can disagree and debate.  We can argue. In the end, peace is what matters.  😎

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber

Perhaps??  U2’s next tour could be shows promoting & starring unknown artists (excluding Inhaler or other family bands) who re-construct or up-date U2’s songs to fit very current issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Urgency in Bono,s delivery, youv,e hit the nail on the head, i guess the message dictates the delivery, I would like to think that there is more than enough subject matter around these days to amount to something feisty when they return, Im sure Larry must itching like no body's business to pound the shit out of his drumkit again for a studio album too.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Citing War, The Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, Achtung Baby and No Line On The Horizon as the go to albums that will help U2 reconnect with themselves and their audience as they contemplate whether or not to use recently recorded material for a new album or scrap it and start again

• Subscriber

I was out in the garden today doing songs of innocence justice through the Marshall, this album stands alone in its awesomeness and I guess this is why for me songs of experience doesn't quite stack up in the respect of the nods to SOI in a couple of tracks, I can listen to SOE but not quite in the same way as the stand alone Canon of U2 albums, each great U2 album seems to have something to say, a statement, a collective and immersive journey in to the subconscious of the listener, for me this is when they are at their best, so SOI definitely fits the bill along with my other mentions.

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

It’s best to become more mellow as you grow older.

War was written in their early twenties when the troubles were very much at their height and the threat of Cold War Nuclear Armageddon was a daily threat…..

U2 albums, like love, come In all shapes and sizes as they have evolved as a band. They now write great songs like this……. I love the message behind this track. It’s one of their best.

Edited by doctornickriviera
Capital W