Euro 2021

xrayjets

• Subscriber

The latest update from UEFA is that he is in hospital and "stabilised". A tweet from the Danish FA, if the BBC are translating it correctly, appears to say that he is conscious and undergoing further tests. 

Thank goodness for that. 

It was horrible to watch - especially when you realised they were doing compressions and saw the medic reach for the defibrilator pack. I started to cry when I saw that. As you say @Canadanne it makes you think of Fabrice Muamba and his incident.

It looks like a good outcome this time too. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

I hope the Denmark and Finland players are all OK as well. They'll be going through a horrible emotional wringer... And the fans at the stadium. Lots of love to all of them who witnessed this awful incident. 

• Like 2

• Subscriber

So relieved to hear Christian is doing OK.

I thankfully wasn't watching the match where Fabrice Muamba collapsed either, but I still can't unsee the images of Paolo Gislimberti being treated at the Italian Grand Prix in 2000, so I know how incredibly distressing it is. The other players must be so traumatised, I'm amazed they managed to complete the match this evening.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, dmway said:

May Denmark’s Christian Eriksen have every blessing in his time of need. 🙏🙏🙏🍀🍀🍀

A terrible, terrible thing to happen. Hoping for a full recovery

• Upvote 1

• Community Moderator
7 hours ago, xrayjets said:

First half of England v Croatia hasn’t been the most exciting football I’ve ever seen 😴

for exciting football ---> the second half of the Netherlands - Ukraine... o_O

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 6/12/2021 at 6:10 PM, xrayjets said:

A terrible, terrible thing to happen. Hoping for a full recovery

Fully agreed.

The Danish team doctor has been quoted as saying that Eriksen was “gone” (his actual word) before he was resuscitated by the paramedics. My goodness…there was just no warning - one moment, he is preparing to receive a throw-in; the next moment, he is just lying motionless on the pitch. Totally mind-boggling…

I’m just glad he’s still with us, and I hope the doctors can figure out why it happened. That was so frightening.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

for exciting football ---> the second half of the Netherlands - Ukraine... o_O

THAT was a stunning half of football!

The Dutch finally get the goals that were coming to them and they grab a fully-deserved two-goal lead. Then Ukraine score two excellent goals in about 3 to 4 minutes to get back to a draw. Fortunately for the Netherlands, they were able to get that crucial deciding goal late. The Ukraine/Austria fixture in that group when it comes will be an epic one - that game will most likely decide who gets to go to the knockout rounds.

I’m glad that England were finally able to win too. Let’s hope they can be more exciting later.

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

I thought England were pretty exciting for the first few minutes, before the heat kicked in!
The Netherlands have been my back-up team for many years so I was pleased with both results today.

• Like 1