Euro 2021

xrayjets

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

And after all that hype, England v Scotland finishes 0-0  :rolleyes: 

Me at the start of the match: "I bet it finishes 0-0 after all this build-up." Ho-hum!

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

And after all that hype, England v Scotland finishes 0-0  :rolleyes: 

At least Scotland have their first point of the competition - and I wouldn't put it past them to beat Croatia. 

6 hours ago, Canadanne said:

Me at the start of the match: "I bet it finishes 0-0 after all this build-up." Ho-hum!

I had the same feeling! 😄 All that rain certainly couldn’t have helped.

I don’t think I ever saw a scoreless draw celebrated more by the Scotland fans than this one. I then saw a statistic that this was the first time in 20 years that England didn’t score in a match with Scotland (in all competitions) - maybe that’s why they were so happy. 😄

It’s looking like England and the Czech Republic will advance out of this group. Maybe Scotland can gut out a win against Croatia and be one of the at-large 3rd place finishers to advance (no offense intended to Croatian U2 fans here, of course).

• Like 1

• Community Moderator

In some regions the opening ceremony was not broadcasted or was broadcasted selectively... so some missed the Martin Garrix with Edge and Bono performance...

Both the UEFA and Martin Garrix uploaded it to YouTube... The UEFA video is, sadly, not allowed to be embedded...

fortunately, the Martin Garrix video is...

enjoy....

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Well, Germany certainly woke up today. After Ronaldo’s opening goal, it was pretty much all Germany in a convincing 4-2 victory.

More surprising is France’s draw with Hungary - with that result, there is still everything to play for in the 3rd round of that group!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, dmway said:

More surprising is France’s draw with Hungary - with that result, there is still everything to play for in the 3rd round of that group!

The crowd in Budapest was amazing & like an extra player (maybe two players !) 

• Subscriber

And now we get the simultaneous final group games starting today. 

It always causes me headaches, choosing which one to watch. And whichever one I watch, you can guarantee the other game will have more goals :lol:

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

In some regions the opening ceremony was not broadcasted or was broadcasted selectively... so some missed the Martin Garrix with Edge and Bono performance...

Both the UEFA and Martin Garrix uploaded it to YouTube... The UEFA video is, sadly, not allowed to be embedded...

fortunately, the Martin Garrix video is...

enjoy....

All the lyrics about hearts and electricity, and pulling hope from defeat, kind of give me the chills after what happened to Eriksen...

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It always causes me headaches, choosing which one to watch. And whichever one I watch, you can guarantee the other game will have more goals :lol:

Let me know which game you’re watching so I can watch the other one 😉😂

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I chose wrong!
Wales did well to only concede one goal though, especially with a man down. Congrats to them on finishing as group runners-up!

• Like 1