Fake U2 Social Media Accounts

Hello! I hope someone who takes care of the band's channels sees this message:For some time now, especially women, we have been approached by people posing as band members. It happens here on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Safe and attentive people (I put myself on this list) protect themselves, but even more in these times of pandemic, many people are fragile, sad, wanting a care, that many scammers offer in "extorted money "exchange"... You may have heard about this, right? Try to keep up with this. This is the request of a fan who has been through this type of approach. I collect about 20 Dave's and about 6 Bono's (even with the wrong name...)!!! Just to relax... 

Edited by fabianapaulinadasilva
  • mich40 changed the title to Fake U2 Social Media Accounts
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A note from the moderators: It has been brought to our attention on several occasions, people trying to impersonate one of the band members or someone associated with the band. Please be aware of

Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing problem for several years. It is very important that when these fake accounts approach you to report and block on whichever platform you have encountered t

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, fabianapaulinadasilva said:

Hello! I hope someone who takes care of the band's channels sees this message:For some time now, especially women, we have been approached by people posing as band members. It happens here on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Safe and attentive people (I put myself on this list) protect themselves, but even more in these times of pandemic, many people are fragile, sad, wanting a care, that many scammers offer in "extorted money "exchange"... You may have heard about this, right? Try to keep up with this. This is the request of a fan who has been through this type of approach. I collect about 20 Dave's and about 6 Bono's (even with the wrong name...)!!! Just to relax... 

Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing problem for several years.

It is very important that when these fake accounts approach you to report and block on whichever platform you have encountered them on. Also, it is best not to interact with them at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • mich40 pinned this topic