Great Adam Clayton interview

• Subscriber

Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet) and Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd) have been producing a podcast over the past year or so and the most recent features an hour of chat with Adam. The podcast is called Rockonteurs and available wherever you get your podcasts from, or can listen online here https://podcastaddict.com/episode/126200174

I really enjoyed it. They zoom back and forth through the history of the band, talk about songwriting process, the bond between the band members, key figures in the band's evolution, Adam's addiction issues and so much more. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Adam Clayton appeared on the @Rockonteurs podcast and talked about their future plans. They've recorded acoustic versions from the backcatalolgue. That's something I'm not very excited about.... in my opinion the band is not great  in doing these stripped down versions. And, after a while, it would be great to get new, fresh u2 songs. Or releases that 've been shelved for a long time (studiorecordings from Mercy, North Star, Boy falls... etc. Etc.). Songs of Ascent would've been exactly the right thing to release in these weird times without touring. 

By the way what happened to the Heartland, JT30 movie? Cinemas opened their doors months ago.

In short: there would've been a lot to look forward to, but the news about recordings of acoustic songs is (again) a great disappointment. 

• Max Tsukino changed the title to Great Adam Clayton interview