Rumor of AB commemoration for November

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Malahide said:

I love AB, but the priority now should be new songs.

By the way, what can be added to the Uber deluxe box set? Please let's look at the future now, not the past. 

"You glorify the past
When the future dries up."

-God Part II.

8 hours ago, dmway said:

I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

A disc of brand new remixes is pretty much a given.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

A disc of brand new remixes is pretty much a given.

Unfortunately, I have to agree - it’s exactly what they did with the JT 30th set. However, with the recent ATYCLB set, they didn’t really bother - there was nothing truly and completely new with respect to music on that one…

And that’s why I put stuff that could be included on a possible new set on the last page. There is stuff (audio and video) that they could include that might entice those who already have the 20th anniversary to think about getting the 30th, or attract those who didn’t get the original deluxe sets 10 years ago. I just hope they put a lot more thought and effort into what they do include (if such a set is coming, that is) - and don’t make the non-vinyl version an afterthought like with the last two sets. The lack of new video was especially disappointing for the last two.

Well, let’s see what’s coming - the news should be coming soonish.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I feel like an AB30 box set is going to be a tough challenge if they decide to go that route. The 20th anniversary edition was absolutely epic, blowing the doors off of the super-deluxe sets that followed it. My only complaint about it was that it missed a remix here and there, but honestly, it was such an incredible collection of the music from that era, including a lot of Zooropa material, that I feel like an attempt to make a new AB box set might be too much of an uphill battle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Well, here we are, the end of september. Many Deluxe boxsets from a lot of artists are being announced or released. And what's in the can for U2-fans?? Shall we get another 24Hour digital release of a concert we already own???

Come on U2!!!!! Release something worthwhile an to look forward to. Especially in these days we hardly have news on band activities. Today marks the 45th anniversary of the band. Could've been a great opportunity to announce something big.. 

• Subscriber

Well, tomorrow it's october!!! While a lot of boxset releases are being announced (Bowie, Depeche Mode 101, REM etc etc) we are getting......still nothing???!!! Oh yes a rsd vinyl release....

What's going on in the u2-world? Come on , there's a lot of material to release.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I’d be prepared for something underwhelming. How nobody from the band or their management has managed to figure out that there are several amazing zoo tv shows that could be released to commemorate the album I’ll never know. We’re not talking crazy obscure shows there’s shows like Stockholm 92 which there has to be footage of they could upscale and release. There’s Dublin 93 which was broadcast on the radio. There’s all the bits from Yankee stadium that were recorded/filmed. We’re not talking about average performances either, these are all great shows and feature different Setlists to the Sydney show which was more Zooropa heavy. I can sort of understand the band not wanting to release just everything and anything when it comes to live stuff but I’ll never understand them releasing so few great shows that we know exist. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Yes, if they are going to be doing anything for AB 30 (and they sure as hell should be), something needs to be said ASAP. Lots of good suggestions above on both pages.

Throw us some kind of bone, please… 🙏

• Like 2