Rumor of AB commemoration for November

• Subscriber

One thing I've learned in all these years is that U2 time is different from U2 fans time.

Now they're celebrating October's anniversary...

So, be patient. At the right time they'll talk about it.

• Community Manager

heard a few rumours about how fans are going to be marking the anniversary - should we start a separate thread on that, or use this one to share what we are all planning?

• Subscriber
On 10/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, bigwave said:

heard a few rumours about how fans are going to be marking the anniversary - should we start a separate thread on that, or use this one to share what we are all planning?

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this. I haven’t been on the site much recently.

Since this thread was started in the rumors section of Zootopia for what the band themselves might be doing for AB’s 30th anniversary, I think a new thread in the regular section of the boards would be better for how we individually might be celebrating it.

Well, it seems that way to me - how do others feel? 🤷‍♂️ 

(I still hope the band is actually going to do/release something; it seems like a waste (and a bit of a missed opportunity) if they don’t…))

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 10/28/2021 at 9:58 PM, KayCee03 said:

I'd love to see good quality video of some of the arena shows for AB. Have any of them ever been released?

Yes, that’s been on my wish list since…well…the early/mid-90s too! 😄

My ZooTV concert was one of those arena shows (Austin, TX - Apr. 7, 1992); they did film many of those shows. I was hoping one of them would end up on the AB 20th anniversary box; however, sadly, one did not appear then.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 10/31/2021 at 2:54 AM, dmway said:

Yes, that’s been on my wish list since…well…the early/mid-90s too! 😄

My ZooTV concert was one of those arena shows (Austin, TX - Apr. 7, 1992); they did film many of those shows. I was hoping one of them would end up on the AB 20th anniversary box; however, sadly, one did not appear then.

I was at the opening show in Lakeland, FL on Feb. 29, 1992. I've seen an old VHS tape of it, but it's pretty poor quality. Those shows were quite a bit different than the stadium shows, so it would be great if they'd release some of that film. We can hope!

• thumbs up 1