Edge's Music Rising Auction - Get On Board To Bourbon Street!

bigwave

• Community Manager

Just announced today : https://www.u2.com/news/title/going-going-gone-for-music-rising/

Some amazing things included, incredible really... but on top of that, keep your eyes out on how this paragraph from the U2.com news story pans out :

'The auction itself is on December 11, but in the next few days Edge is aiming to give U2 fans special early access to the virtual world of ‘Bourbon St’, New Orleans… where you can view all the instruments and watch the artists introduce and play them. (Stay tuned for more news….)'

Mods will update this thread as what's in store emerges... as soon as we know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

• bigwave changed the title to Edge's Music Rising Auction - Get On Board To Bourbon Street!
  • Community Manager
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

Wow, to own one of The Edge's guitars or Adam's basses...that would be very cool indeed. 

I'm going to guess they might be a little out of my price range...🤣

Still, a great idea for a great cause.

Edited by ramsatw

• Subscriber

Virtual U2 :Achtung_Baby_08:  I want to check it out and I was going to enter the Music Rising virtual space until I saw "needs permission for your camera and audio..." and I freaked a little. 😋 I'm still in my PJs. I'll have to give it a whirl later when I'm a little more prepared. I've checked out the prices of the guitars on the auction site and they're definitely out of my price range but I'd like to check out the virtual aspect for sure. Very cool and I hope they get a great turnout.

• Community Moderator
2 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Virtual U2 :Achtung_Baby_08:  I want to check it out and I was going to enter the Music Rising virtual space until I saw "needs permission for your camera and audio..." and I freaked a little. 😋 I'm still in my PJs. I'll have to give it a whirl later when I'm a little more prepared. I've checked out the prices of the guitars on the auction site and they're definitely out of my price range but I'd like to check out the virtual aspect for sure. Very cool and I hope they get a great turnout.

You do have to give permission, but you can look around with them turned off. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I have spent much of the last few hours on the website and honestly I'm just MINBLOWN. 

The content is just out of this world, I mean, the more you explore, the more you lose your mind at it all ! It's just a wonderful experience, I have no words to descirbe it better, just go see for yourself seriously, you won't be disappointed. 

And I love a good guitar, and I'm a crazy music fan so obviously I'm a bit biased at this treasure vault. But it gets even better. Yeah for real. Because I got to spend HOURS just going crazy and chit chatting with my U2 friends whose faces I hadn't seen in so long and whose voices and laughter I missed so much. I had the BEST time in a very very long time. I couldn't have thought of a better way, or a better place really - Edge's dressing room guys, hours of giggles just there I'm not messing with you - to catch up with my fam. 

It's a gift. Enjoy it while it lasts because it's a TRUE gift.

The only request I have concerning it is quite simple. Can we keep it forever and ever? Pretty please with (pop) sugar on it. 

Here's a few pics : 

jvuxGxd5avstCqL.thumb.jpg.e9f437763a331b5bf346eb1476a15509.jpg

aHz1YMMf8rcQVZV.thumb.jpg.52874fc1097a00d8a4cb037124a1af32.jpg

DttqfnwvDodTf2-.thumb.jpg.631c08dd8a151af870862eb37ef75644.jpg