Edge's Music Rising Auction - Get On Board To Bourbon Street!

bigwave

• Subscriber
Just now, Madfl3a said:

I have spent much of the last few hours on the website and honestly I'm just MINBLOWN. 

The content is just out of this world, I mean, the more you explore, the more you lose your mind at it all ! It's just a wonderful experience, I have no words to descirbe it better, just go see for yourself seriously, you won't be disappointed. 

And I love a good guitar, and I'm a crazy music fan so obviously I'm a bit biased at this treasure vault. But it gets even better. Yeah for real. Because I got to spend HOURS just going crazy and chit chatting with my U2 friends whose faces I hadn't seen in so long and whose voices and laughter I missed so much. I had the BEST time in a very very long time. I couldn't have thought of a better way, or a better place really - Edge's dressing room guys, hours of giggles just there I'm not messing with you - to catch up with my fam. 

It's a gift. Enjoy it while it lasts because it's a TRUE gift.

The only request I have concerning it is quite simple. Can we keep it forever and ever? Pretty please with (pop) sugar on it. 

Here's a few pics : 

jvuxGxd5avstCqL.thumb.jpg.e9f437763a331b5bf346eb1476a15509.jpg

aHz1YMMf8rcQVZV.thumb.jpg.52874fc1097a00d8a4cb037124a1af32.jpg

DttqfnwvDodTf2-.thumb.jpg.631c08dd8a151af870862eb37ef75644.jpg

OH WAIT. 

And all I said before was true, 

EVEN BEFORE THE EDGE (Like actual HIM, not vid, not pre recorded), MISTER THE EDGE (to you) SHOWED UP THERE ! 

435304212_MUy0DT7rL7DqbEn(1).thumb.jpg.08f38f9454867b38eedb2425617a88f6.jpg

Day made. Week made. Year made. Hell. Life made. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH EDGE ! ❤️

(and yes he said he'd be back now and then. So why the hell are you still reading that? GO!)

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 2

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

OH WAIT. 

And all I said before was true, 

EVEN BEFORE THE EDGE (Like actual HIM, not vid, not pre recorded), MISTER THE EDGE (to you) SHOWED UP THERE ! 

435304212_MUy0DT7rL7DqbEn(1).thumb.jpg.08f38f9454867b38eedb2425617a88f6.jpg

Day made. Week made. Year made. Hell. Life made. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH EDGE ! ❤️

(and yes he said he'd be back now and then. So why the hell are you still reading that? GO!)

This is amazing!   What an experience!  This type of interactive media has possibilities...

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Ok - so I'm on cloud 9000 from the events today, and have been enjoying all of the "rooms".  I have a suggestion - not just for this auction, but for future ones.  I am a musician, and the guitars mean something to me, but for the non-musicians, I have a couple of Merch ideas so that more people can contribute to MR, and get something cool.  These are more like "sketches" not fully completed ideas:

1.  create 'mini' guitars of the ones being auctioned, and have the artists sign them - and sell them for Music Rising so that non-musicians can grab a great piece of memorabilia. Imagine 50 mini Edge Stratocasters, signed?  Imagine 50 Slash mini Les Pauls signed?  These would sell-out easily and generate lots of MR revenue.

2.  make t-shirts with images of the guitars being auctioned, maybe even with their owners.  Imagine a Music Rising t-shirt of Edge with his custom hand-painted Les Paul, with the Music rising logo on the top left.

3. Make shirts designed for women. They are the most beautiful creatures on the planet after all.  And add Colours. Vibrant and bold.

4.  compliment some of the items with a raffle.  For example, raffle off a Stratocaster signed by Edge, and the winner gets the guitar + the catalog for the auction.  Sell the raffle tickets for $25.  3 for $50.  Or something like that.  

Ideally, every guitar sale would have a corresponding raffle. What would make more money?   The actual guitar or the raffle? 

Ok - that's enough for now.  This auction is so exciting and inspiring.  Makes me want to travel to New Orleans asap.

Cheers you all.  Stay safe and well because we have shows and meet-ups in the future. 

• Subscriber

Such an amazing experience!

Joined the party yesterday (a bit too late per Edge's planning!), and I'm quietly back today, with a browser window open while working, because *who knows* 😇

The experience is so smooth, and rich at the same time, it's a platform to keep or adapt for other content, but the idea is great, and I'm sure the bidding will be a success :) 

• Like 1
  • thumbs up 1