2022 Subscribers Gift Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

I think we are on the verge of something larger than this subscription gift.  It's easy to act our of emotion.  I'm the first to raise my hand, having done it many times on this site. I have a feeling this band is about to rock our world again with what I hope is new music and a tour with new toys that have never been seen. I'm cutting them slack. We are still facing a pandemic. Anyone I know who is involved with ticketing or anything involved with us seeing a show is pretty much still a nervous wreck.  Anyone I know who is involved with shipping is going insane. One can not predict anything, including a shipment of a large amount of cds/albums/you name it in the mail. Fans for other bands, including one I love, are livid because preorder vinyls are delayed two months with a new release.  I'm not speaking against anyone but this thread goes from celebration when the gift gets announced to when is it going to get here to celebration because they always arrive.  It reminds me of their last three tours.    🤠 

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber

I don't think it would be asking too much for a full tracklisting and details of what was recorded where to have been announced, even if with the supply and production issue delays they can't confirm when they are likely to be despatched. Just some degree of communication rather than complete radio silence.

• thumbs up 2

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, richardh said:

I don't think it would be asking too much for a full tracklisting and details of what was recorded where to have been announced, even if with the supply and production issue delays they can't confirm when they are likely to be despatched. Just some degree of communication rather than complete radio silence.

I do not either. If you read the rumors, what they are doing with the MSG Sphere is a different approach to residency in Vegas and possibly Europe. It's probably going to change the way others do it in the future. Work. Work. Work.  That is one of my theories as to why they have not at least released a track list. Another is that this gift may be connect with a larger package.  That MSG Sphere gives the ability to celebrate Zoo TV in ways people I know who are involved in shows say is almost unimagineable.  Who knows?  It's part of the fun for me with U2.

I don't like writing this stuff because it might miff fans who are frustrated.  The reasons I do is the frustration gets rather negative and starts dominating. I go through pages to find any positive comment.  Many times there are none, so I add mine. I, too, pay to subscribe. It gives me the chance to be part of something larger. This is a large social media with free speech, which is moderated so we treat each other with respect.  For me, this gift is a gift. I'd subscribe no matter. 

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber

what I read from some fans scares me a bit.  everyone is allowed to have their own opinion... but there is a lot of nonsense involved.  However, everyone has the right to receive information.  and to speculate if u2 will make any preparations for next year isn't really serious and to make a connection with the gift is a bit strange.  I think it would be great if there was a statement.

• Subscriber

It's busy waiting. Waiting on gift-news, waiting on announcements about the rumoured SOS album, waiting on the long, long awaited Heartland movie (Theatres around the world are up and running, so that cannot be the point anymore).

Hopefully we'll hear some news soon. It's been so frustrating to get no gift/album/movierelease these months.