NME Article 2021

adrnik

• Subscriber

I looked.  The article is from November of last year.  Haven't they stopped with the possible Zoo TV tour?  I do not know so I ask.  Personally, I'm hoping they concentrate on new music and tours.  

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, adrnik said:

Interview with The Edge where he talks about new material/album and possibly an anniversary Zoo Tv tour.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/u2-reportedly-working-on-new-album-according-to-the-edge-3101900

Thank you for posting that! 👍

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I looked.  The article is from November of last year.  Haven't they stopped with the possible Zoo TV tour?  I do not know so I ask.  Personally, I'm hoping they concentrate on new music and tours.  

…which makes this article barely two months’ old! 😄 Thus, this is a recent article, well after the rumors of previous denials.

I’m glad he keeping an open mind about the idea. An updated/reimagined ZooTV for modern times would be a very good thing. However, any touring of U2’s variety will not be imminent, and he says as much - which is only logical.

We have all discussed this before in other threads, but, again, working on new music (which they are clearly doing) and potentially having a 30th anniversary of AB/ZooTV are not mutually-exclusive things. They are a multi-talented bunch - they can handle more than one idea at once.

Thanks again for posting this article, @adrnik

• Like 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, dmway said:

We have all discussed this before in other threads, but, again, working on new music (which they are clearly doing) and potentially having a 30th anniversary of AB/ZooTV are not mutually-exclusive things. They are a multi-talented bunch - they can handle more than one idea at once.

That's my hope.  I did not see Zoo TV and would love something.  At the same time, my heart is hoping for new music.  Both would be awesome.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, dmway said:

hich makes this article barely two months’ old! 😄 Thus, this is a recent article

Not necessarily:  It was two months ago. To me, that's almost ancient history with how quickly media moves these days.  I think, at best, that trying to guess what they will do next is like pissing against a hurricane.   Nobody knows.  It's fun to speculate.  It's fun to contribute to a conversation.  It's fun to read the opinions of others, even when they conflict with mine.   😶