Netflix / J.J. Abrams creating a series based on the career of U2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Dunno about this personally. Netflix's originals have been hit & miss, plus I was decidedly not a fan of Abrams' work on the last Star Wars trilogy, however relevant that may be...

I'm not the biggest fan of his either.  Hopefully it will have a killer script which speaks for itself.  It'll be interesting. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Dunno about this personally. Netflix's originals have been hit & miss, plus I was decidedly not a fan of Abrams' work on the last Star Wars trilogy, however relevant that may be...

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm not the biggest fan of his either.  Hopefully it will have a killer script which speaks for itself.  It'll be interesting. 

Well, the thing to keep in mind here is the fact that the band would be at least indirectly, if not directly, involved in the project and would also most certainly have the ability to pull the plug on it if they felt it wasn't working. Also, this project is not pure fiction like "Star Wars" is - it's starting from a factual foundation. Nor is it reinventing the presentation of a pre-existing set of movies, a la "Star Wars". (FWIW, while his take on "Star Wars" divided opinion, his reboot of "Star Trek" I thought was quite good, especially the casting. Yes, the crusty old-timers who demand that the only correct way to do "Star Trek" was the way it was done in the late 1960s on TV were displeased, but I'm not sure their disapproval was/is really a bad thing.)

So, if this story proves to be true, I'll reserve judgement until it comes out. (Of course, since I don't have Netflix and don't plan on getting it even if this project turns out to be a "thing", I'll just root for an eventual physical release.)

Edited by dmway

• 5 weeks later...