'SURRENDER: 40 Songs, One Story' On Bono’s birthday the news is out: he’s written a memoir

U2Community

• Community Manager

yes, depending on your location in your u2.com account profile, you might get a location-based email offer from main site, not all areas are covered probably down to licensing / copyright, not to say those areas not covered may not receive other offers at some point in future, not known here at this point all the ins and outs of these... 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

We've been waiting for this book for so long since it was first rumored! 

I'm so excited that we're finally getting it. Bono is the beeeeest storyteller and I have absolutely no doubt this is going to be amazing. The excerpt we got definitely confirmed that ❤️ 

So yeah. I'm one happy fan. Happy to finally get to hear this freaking amazing story from the man himself because let's be honest, he's a bit unreal sometimes so it's going to be fun to have his perspective - and Shane MacGowan comments only makes me want it more 😂

Planning a day off to listen to the audio book and a 2nd one to recover (that's probably gonna take a lot longer though). 

Anyways. Sorry to ramble as usual. I just CAN'T WAIT. Gwaaaan B🔥🔥🔥

• Like 4

• Subscriber

Very excited to finally get the book and an album of reworked songs. I hope there will be a double album with all 40 reworked songs and NOT too much acoustic! Songs of Surrender should include Out of Control Tomorrow, Surrender, Drowning man, Sort of Homecoming, Red Hill mining town, Heartland, Acrobat, Until the end of the world, Lemon, Zooropa, Zoo Station, Hold me Thrill me, Wild Irish Rose, Your blue room, Mofo, Gone, When I look at the world, Miracle drug ,  Mercy, Ordinairy love, Invisible, Cedarwood Road, Iris, Troubles, Lights of home, Blackout and 13.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I'm absolutely delighted that we will get the opportunity to read Bono's autobiography.

The fact that he's recorded an audiobook, too, is the cherry on top. He has the perfect voice, and it will be wonderful to hear him narrating his own words.

There are whispers of a book tour in the Fall... it would be incredible if we could have 'An Audience With' type of event.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 6/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, Carlos said:

Fingers crossed that there will be a 40 song SOS album released!

Can you imagine? 40 songs reworked omg just the thought of it is messing with my blood pressure 😂

• Subscriber
On 5/31/2022 at 11:27 AM, Madfl3a said:

Sorry to ramble

It's U2.  How can one not ramble?  The ones who don't are crazy, not us. 😁

After hearing the desert island interview with Bono, I'm especially excited to read this book.  I love how he shared a glimpse of him when he said what he did about the Peter Frampton song. I almost went through the ceiling when he said he'd bring a guitar and maybe he could somehow play it. It's nice to have something to look forward to in November, as it's a nasty month for weather by me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2