• Songs of Surrender Zoo Banner.jpg

• Subscriber

Well the Mrs, who I met on Wire back on Popmart tour, and I BOTH got a pair in NYC.

We are looking to sell Monday May 8th, the ones she got.  amazing $881 for a pair on the floor is FACE, we got them on the on-sale Monday.

Would love to get rid of these.  The prices are crazy but once in a lifetime to see Bono on Broadway.

If anyone needs 2 send me a message!

In the Name of Love

• Subscriber
On 12/15/2022 at 8:12 PM, haunted said:

Fortunately I got in on the U2 subscriber presale.  Nose bleed balcony, but I am in the building.  And for that I am gratefu

It never hurts to go to the box office the day of the show and ask if they have anything better, as you've been a long time fan of U2 and are a paid member of their fan club-you could only get balcony because of all the scalping.  I've done it and gotten much better seats many times. I do not act entiltled, am very polite and say I expect nothing, which is true. Smaller venues are tough but box office people love to help guests who are not happy.  Just FYI.  Some times it works, other times it does not.

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber

Need tips for NYC/Beacon.  Any info appreciated!

Getting into NYC from New Jersey: planning on taking the bus from North Bergen (park overnight at NJTransit) - or is it better to park at Metropark and take the train in?  Anyone have pros/cons of either option or another option?  

Also, after the show: is it safe to walk from the Theatre to 79th St.?  Guessing Ubers will have surge pricing and probably hard to get,  Its only a 10min walk per Google maps. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, kbhatt said:

Getting into NYC from New Jersey: planning on taking the bus from North Bergen (park overnight at NJTransit) - or is it better to park at Metropark and take the train in?  Anyone have pros/cons of either option or another option?  

When I go into the city I drive to Dumont in Bergen County and park on a residential street close to the NJ transit bus stop. The 167 takes me straight into Port Authority. I would not advise leaving your car at a supermarket car park because they like to tow. 

You can also take the Path train from Hoboken to Penn Station. This would mean a parking garage on the Jersey side which would run you $20 - $30 approximately for a few hours.

I hope that this helps. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

@KBHATT - I can't speak to the best way to get from NJ to Manhattan, but I live walking distance from the Beacon (a longish walk, but that's how I usually get there/home, weather permitting). I've lived here for 20+ years.  As long as you are sensible (no flashing wads of cash, not stumbling drunk, not intentionally provoking people, etc.) you will be fine. That part of the Upper West Side is relatively wealthy and relatively safe (Bono's NY apartment is a few blocks from the Beacon).

Is there a particular reason you are heading to 79th St? The subway station at 72nd & Broadway is the closest one to the Beacon - it's the Express stop for the 2/3, which runs to both 42nd St/Port Authority and 34th St/Penn Station.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, bgans said:

@KBHATT - I can't speak to the best way to get from NJ to Manhattan, but I live walking distance from the Beacon (a longish walk, but that's how I usually get there/home, weather permitting). I've lived here for 20+ years.  As long as you are sensible (no flashing wads of cash, not stumbling drunk, not intentionally provoking people, etc.) you will be fine. That part of the Upper West Side is relatively wealthy and relatively safe (Bono's NY apartment is a few blocks from the Beacon).

Is there a particular reason you are heading to 79th St? The subway station at 72nd & Broadway is the closest one to the Beacon - it's the Express stop for the 2/3, which runs to both 42nd St/Port Authority and 34th St/Penn Station.

Is it crazy to even think about driving to the Beacon? Is there parking nearby?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, born2jog2 said:

Is it crazy to even think about driving to the Beacon? Is there parking nearby?

There are parking garages in the neighborhood, but parking is crazy expensive. I don't have a car anymore, but I'd guesstimate $50-60 plus tax & tips for 4-5 hours of parking. There is some street parking, but I wouldn't count on it.

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, bigwave said:

if you haven't been able to get any, and are a subscriber, check your emails and this :

That’s very cool! 😎

Good luck to those who will benefit from this opportunity! 🍀

• Like 1