• Songs of Surrender Zoo Banner.jpg

2023 Subscriber Gift?

Gieo

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, bigwave said:

would be an interesting choice for sure.... anyone else got any for the wish list for this year, you never know it might not be too late to get last minute suggestions in!

How about a full show from The Unforgettable Fire tour? We know they recorded these shows, as some of the performances have shown up as B-sides and on the Wide Awake in America EP.

• thumbs up 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 1/1/2023 at 12:05 AM, Gieo said:

When would be the announcement of the 2023 gift? Then what would it be?

There are USA subscribers that haven't even gotten the 2022 subscriber gift. The order information for the 2022 gift now says it will not be shipped until 2/28/2023. It would be kind of redundant for them to announce the 2023 subscriber's gift when they are having issues dispatching the 2022 gift in a timely manner.

Edited by BVB65
  • Like 2

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, BVB65 said:

There are USA subscribers that haven't even gotten the 2022 subscriber gift. The order information for the 2022 gift now says it will not be shipped until 2/28/2023. It would be kind of redundant for them to announce the 2023 subscriber's gift when they are having issues dispatching the 2022 gift in a timely manner.

The 02/28/2023 dispatch date has disappeared from my profile. The "gift" has gone back to the processing stage awaiting updates. Looks like it won't arrive before my subscription expires on 03/01/2023.

• Subscriber

Let's see...Gift Ideas.... seeing as @bigwaveasked...

1. Rattle and Hum DVD to subscribers - it's back in U2's ownership and the DVD has been out of print for years now. Many new(er) fans don't have it on DVD. It's the 35th Anniversary of the film.
2. Audio of the from the 12/14/22 Dublin performance that was recorded last month for an upcoming TV special
3. DVD of Stories of Surrender show for everyone who couldn't get a ticket (or afford a ticket & travel to NYC)
4. It's the 40th anniversary of War - surely there's some stuff from the archives for the fans
5. Access to a downloadable library of archival live shows not available to the public (wouldn't need to be shipped, so cost savings there...and no delays!)
6. What @cristiu2suggested - the Heartland documentary!
7. 30th Anniversary of Zooropa - again, surely there's some stuff from the archives for the fans
8. A Cameo.com link to get a personal message from one of the band members 

I'll leave it at that - I'm sure all of these are pie-in-the-sky anyway!

• Like 4

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, utoons said:

My subscription expires 18 January. I’ll renew regardless, but would like the option to switch to a 2023 gift instead of a second Achtung Baby album. 

@utoons- I run into this EVERY YEAR! As soon as you renew, email support@u2.com with your 2022 subscription confirmation number AND your 2023 subscription confirmation number, explain that you do NOT want a duplicate gift for 2023, rather you want the 2023 subscriber gift once it's announced. You may have to go back-and-forth with the fulfillment folks a few times on this. As much as the ZooMods will hate me for saying this, you may have to get them involved as well to ensure you get the 2023 gift. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Sherry said:

@utoons- I run into this EVERY YEAR! As soon as you renew, email support@u2.com with your 2022 subscription confirmation number AND your 2023 subscription confirmation number, explain that you do NOT want a duplicate gift for 2023, rather you want the 2023 subscriber gift once it's announced. You may have to go back-and-forth with the fulfillment folks a few times on this. As much as the ZooMods will hate me for saying this, you may have to get them involved as well to ensure you get the 2023 gift. Good luck!

Why is this back and forth even necessary if we renew for 2023?

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, buddyiahn said:

Why is this back and forth even necessary if we renew for 2023?

Because Live Nation is a monopoly and customer service is at the bottom of their priority list.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, bgans said:

Because Live Nation is a monopoly and customer service is at the bottom of their priority list.

I understand that. I just don't understand why we have to reassure them we want the 2023 gift. That is obvious to us on here, but I suppose it's not for them!

• Upvote 1