• Songs of Surrender Zoo Banner.jpg

2023 Subscriber Gift?

Gieo

• Subscriber

For the 2023 subscriber gift, they would have to come up with a doozy. Subscriber gifts have been given on everything imaginable. The band hasn't toured or released anything substantial in the last 4 years, two of those years because of the pandemic. Right now, they are busy capitalizing on the success of Bono's autobiography by releasing a 40-song album of rehashed (oops, I mean reimagined) songs titled Songs of Surrender. Do you get it, Bono's book is called "Surrender 40 Songs, One Story". So, it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the subscriber gift.

Edited by BVB65

• Subscriber
On 1/16/2023 at 9:37 AM, BVB65 said:

For the 2023 subscriber gift, they would have to come up with a doozy. Subscriber gifts have been given on everything imaginable. The band hasn't toured or released anything substantial in the last 4 years, two of those years because of the pandemic. Right now, they are busy capitalizing on the success of Bono's autobiography by releasing a 40-song album of rehashed (oops, I mean reimagined) songs titled Songs of Surrender. Do you get it, Bono's book is called "Surrender 40 Songs, One Story". So, it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the subscriber gift.

Some ideas could be live tracks / DVD from the Joshua tree 2017 tour (Heartland), U23D tracks and DVD never before released live from Buenes Aires during Verigo tour, Vertigo Live from Chicago full set list tracks endless they wait for HTDAAB anniversary in 2024 or maybe some Songs they reimagined but aren't releasing on Songs Of Surrender. Regardless should be interesting to see what is put out. Really like the music / cds instead of books and lithographs.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ZOO_ADDICT said:

A 2CD set from the ZooTV/Zooropa Tour/Zoomerang Tour and/or a stream of an unseen footage-show from this aera for its 30th anniversary 

We did get a ZooTV cd set a few years back. I understand wanting unseen footage.  I love that type of thing. Others might say that's a cheap gift, as it doesn't even need to be sent. I'm always steaming live U2 stuff on YouTube.  

On 1/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, BVB65 said:

capitalizing on the success of Bono's autobiography by releasing a 40-song album of rehashed

Have you tried listening to Pride since you last heard it?  I find that what  I intially don't like often grows on me with U2. Listen to what they do right around the 1:30 mark; it's beautiful; the rhythm is incredible; it's new music and pretty much a complete composition unto itself., I think SOS  it's going to be much better than people who didn't like the new version of Pride now feel.  Either way, I hope you end up happy with things.

It's 1 30 a.m.  I fell asleep on the couch and now I'm wake awake in Wisconsin. I'd like the ability to watch TV this late a night and not edure My Pillow, bladder control product and E.D. commercials, if they could manage to pull it off.  I'll even pay extra.