Achtung Baby in Dolby Atmos

mich40

• Subscriber

It is currently only available for streaming on a few platforms, no physical release at this time and not available for purchase digitally (via iTunes etc).

Given how big an undertaking as this mix has been, I am taking that to mean that they're giving themselves room to make additional adjustments.  It's their first catalog album to get the Atmos treatment, it's possible that they wanted to see how well it's received or what the general consensus is on the final mix.  They could also be waiting to finish the Atmos mixes on the various b-sides, remixes, and other content that would be included in a box set (as well as digital release 'upgrade').

Ultimately, I expect all the albums (and hopefully the singles, b-sides and remixes) get this treatment.  No need to rush, though, I hope that once they're through with the residency they spend some time working on an unreasonable guitar record 😁

• Like 2

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Trilo said:

It is currently only available for streaming on a few platforms, no physical release at this time and not available for purchase digitally (via iTunes etc).

Given how big an undertaking as this mix has been, I am taking that to mean that they're giving themselves room to make additional adjustments.  It's their first catalog album to get the Atmos treatment, it's possible that they wanted to see how well it's received or what the general consensus is on the final mix.  They could also be waiting to finish the Atmos mixes on the various b-sides, remixes, and other content that would be included in a box set (as well as digital release 'upgrade').

Ultimately, I expect all the albums (and hopefully the singles, b-sides and remixes) get this treatment.  No need to rush, though, I hope that once they're through with the residency they spend some time working on an unreasonable guitar record 😁

thanks, as always.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

Release physical again! Blu-ray wanted. Sooo disappointed with the streaming releases. After more than 40 years of fandom I will sell my collection, because there's no more fun in collecting.

Hey, if you're selling let me know 😝