MERCY

macphisto777

• Subscriber

Can't help but notice the 20th anniversary of HTDAAB is coming up. If they're planning a deluxe boxset like they have before, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this gets included. Would be nice to finally have a version I could listen to without the horrendous YouTube compression & clipping.

• Subscriber

Peter does have a point, this fall marks the 20th anniversary.  Should make for a great reason to remaster the album (maybe give it the Atmos treatment they just debuted for Achtung Baby), add in the various b-sides, remixes, and unreleased treasures. 

• Subscriber

I've been listening to Mercy a lot lately. I knew it but forgot how great is is. I've fallen in love with it all over again. I'm not sure how I forgot it. I looked at the gifts and I don't think they ever gave it to us on CD but I could be wrong. GREAT song. 

• Subscriber
On 2/6/2024 at 2:53 AM, Manohlive said:

I've been listening to Mercy a lot lately. I knew it but forgot how great is is. I've fallen in love with it all over again. I'm not sure how I forgot it. I looked at the gifts and I don't think they ever gave it to us on CD but I could be wrong. GREAT song. 

The only release it ever officially got was a live version from 360 2010 on the Wide Awake In Europe, which was a vinyl-only Black Friday limited release IIRC. 

It's funny, I think back in the day there was a general consensus on here that the OG version was better than the 360 version, which I stubbornly went against. But these days I lean more towards the 2004 version, it feels more fleshed-out and has more time & room to breathe.

• Thanks 1