MERCY should be released.

• Subscriber

I just checked the b-sides tracklisting for subscribers and again can't see Mercy there. This is without doubt one of their best tracks and it'sburied in an obscure release ages ago. Any search of youtube highlights how popular this song is ... and underrated. We should lobby for a remastered versionto be rereleased on a more public basis... not buried... it's too good a track (and in many respects surpasses some of the mpre recent A sides [with thegreatest respect]).

PLEASE RERELEASE this track in a solid CD format!

• Subscriber

I'm with you on that. It's right up there with the best. Would love a cd or digital format. Apparently at one time it was available as part of Itunesessentials - if someone could clarify that?

What would be even better is if they perform this on the tour, what a treat that would be!!

• Subscriber

Marvgadgie wrote:

Mercy? Never heard of it! Where was it released? There's not much I don't know about U2 but I've not heard of this one ... please fill me in!

It has never been released. Was part of the Atomic Bomb sessions.

Go to You Tube and you'll be able to listen to it!

Your feedback on it please though!

Roslyn Stephanie wrote:

Perhaps we will get this as a bonus track on the NLOTH remastered version in 15 years time??

Agree, Mercy is a bloody brilliant song.

Mercy has been around since at least since the "Bomb" sessions...

Its funny, I have the Acthung Baby outtakes on my computer and how many songs become other songs on other albums is great...Bono was singing Wake up Dead Manto Until the End of the world guitar part...

This band cuts and pastes a lot and somehow works very well for them....

There is a reason why Mercy hasn't been released...and I hate to say it but they prob don't like it or think its not right...I personally think its agood song, yet unfinished....

• Subscriber

The reason Mercy can't be released in the form we all know it as, is because it became Miracle Drug.

I've almost finished a mash up of Mercy, Miracle Drug and With Or Without You, and it sounds like one song.

stay tuned.....