Rank your Top 5 U2 Albums!

• Subscriber

I just have to put it out there for all the longtime u2 fans. The question is this, what really turned you on to u2? was it boy? october? for me War grabbed meby the collar and dragged me in. I must say that without war i probably would not have bought boy or october (i was 15 when war came out) and also, without wari don't know if i would have bought the unforgettable fire. War is what really turned me on to u2 and i was infact quite taken back initially by theunforgettable fire (of course it has grown on me like a weed ) Just wondering for the longtime fans, when was "that moment" for you? the moment youknew you were on to something special with this band. For me it was the first time i heard new years day and two hearts

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I heard about U2 was when War came out, and have been a fan of theirs since. However, to judge which are my top 5 U2 albums, here goes:

1. Achtung Baby

2. Boy

3. The Joshua Tree

4. War

5. No Line On The Horizon

These are my Top 5

1.) Joshua Tree

2.) No Line on The Horizon

3.) Achtung Baby

4.) All That You Can't Leave Behind

5.) War

I made No Line on The Horizon no. 2 because it doesn't have weak songs..

but some of the lyrics a little cheesy. so I rank it as a possible listening from start to finish

caven36 wrote:

I just have to put it out there for all the longtime u2 fans. The question is this, what really turned you on to u2? was it boy? october? for me War grabbed me by the collar and dragged me in. I must say that without war i probably would not have bought boy or october (i was 15 when war came out) and also, without war i don't know if i would have bought the unforgettable fire. War is what really turned me on to u2 and i was infact quite taken back initially by the unforgettable fire (of course it has grown on me like a weed ) Just wondering for the longtime fans, when was "that moment" for you? the moment you knew you were on to something special with this band. For me it was the first time i heard new years day and two hearts

Like you, War is what got me interested in U2 but it was the song "Bad" that hooked me. UF still ranks high on my list.

1. Achtung Baby 2. Unforgettable Fire 3. No Line On the Horizon 4. The Joshua Tree 5. War.

I can honestly say after listening to NLOH many times over the last few weeks that it is as good as anything they've done. For me, the difference betweenthis disc and there last few efforts is the drumming and bass work. Outstanding.

I wouldn't mind hearing this entire disc live. No weak points for me---at all. I couldn't pick a favourite track from this disc if I wanted to.There's too many.

caven36 wrote:

I just have to put it out there for all the longtime u2 fans. The question is this, what really turned you on to u2? was it boy? october? for me War grabbed me by the collar and dragged me in. I must say that without war i probably would not have bought boy or october (i was 15 when war came out) and also, without war i don't know if i would have bought the unforgettable fire. War is what really turned me on to u2 and i was infact quite taken back initially by the unforgettable fire (of course it has grown on me like a weed ) Just wondering for the longtime fans, when was "that moment" for you? the moment you knew you were on to something special with this band. For me it was the first time i heard new years day and two hearts

It was HTDAAB that got me onto U2, or Vertigo to be 100% precise. I first saw the Vertigo iPod commercial and

I was hooked. I then became a total U2 freak and realised all these great songs I've heard but didn't know who they were by, were by them.

I think it's good that Pop is "popping" up on people's favs, it wasn't a total bad, it only had 3 or so dodgy songs on it in my opinion.