Will we ever see U2 in Estonia?

Silx

Hello,

I know all of you are so sick and tired of seeing all of those petitions here says: U2 please come to our country!
But yes, this is another one.

As I have been a fan for years, I haven't seen the band live. Yes, I am a "die-hard" fan, but not a rich "die-hard" fan who can travelto see them in US or Ireland. And there are a lot of people like me here. Thousands I think. I honestly think that if they played a gig here 70 000 ticketscould be sold within minutes.. and yes we have an open-air venue that can fit at least 100 000 people, possibly a lot more. Oh, holy cow.. but even Madonnacomes here this summer and yes I would better spend my 1000 kroons to see you guys play than her. image

So, please.. please bring some sunshine and happiness to this depressed little country.

Yours sincerely,
One very much coffee high girl from Estonia

• Subscriber

Finland would be a lot closer to you than Ireland plus the ferry is cheap and quite handy.

TBH it's a bit too late for these requests/petitions. The tour has been planed, booked etc. for like half a year.

Ragoo wrote:

Finland would be a lot closer to you than Ireland plus the ferry is cheap and quite handy.

TBH it's a bit too late for these requests/petitions. The tour has been planed, booked etc. for like half a year.

Of course Finland is closer. But Finland is not Estonia. Ferry is cheap but hotels and stuff. :P I could manage it myself.. but there are others..The point is seeing them in our historical Song Festival venue.... it could be something.. so awesome.. But actually Estonia is also close to Finland andLatvia and Lithuania.. So why not in Estonia?

And of course the tour is planned.. and we're left out again. image

• Subscriber

P.S. And although our Mežaparks open air concert place can cold not more than 45.000 people (with the size of U2's stage it'll be less lol), it'ssuch a gorgous place - it's surrounded by pine trees, and it gives such a surreal feeling.

I saw Brainstorm there last summer - OMGOMGOMG! I could pee my pants how great the venue is. Especially when fireworks finish the show :)

I know Estonians have something similar, but ours is better! :P