elbow &doves

meweavy

anybody else a fan of these 2 bands.

i recently saw elbow at wembley and portsmouth.and i was stunned at how good live they are.i got into elbow quite late,but their music is amazing.

the seldom seen kid has to be one of the best albums around for a few years.

the doves too.another amazing band who ive liked sinse day 1.also their new album is well worth a listen.

anybody else like these 2.if you havnt seen either yet.get a ticket if you can.brilliant bands live.and great albums too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Me!

Not so much elbow but I love Doves,seen 'em on the warm up tour in warrington last month and i've got Manchester on the 26th then Delamere forest inJune.

I've been converting people on the subscribers side to the aural delights of Doves.

What's yer faves on the new album?

10.03,Winter hill,Jetstream and The outsiders for me at the mo.

gibbo1968 wrote:

Me!

Not so much elbow but I love Doves,seen 'em on the warm up tour in warrington last month and i've got Manchester on the 26th then Delamere forest in June.

I've been converting people on the subscribers side to the aural delights of Doves.

What's yer faves on the new album?

10.03,Winter hill,Jetstream and The outsiders for me at the mo.

ive only really got into elbow tbh/but after seeing them live i was spell bound,and seldom seen kid is a modern classic.

doves new album ive only had a few listens.but jetstream is a great way to kick the album off,also 10,03 is amazing.and im loving spellbound too.its a greatalbum.

all time doves favourites have to be/

ceder rooms/catch the sun/

im sorely tempted to get doves tickets/but i am so skint and we have a lot on that i cant stretch to it.i saw them last year do oxford carling academy,that wasgood.

tbf you should give seldom seen kid a real good listen,its an amazing album it really is.

Elbow have made some great songs. It is a pity they are not playing in Ireland.

I had never heard of The Doves before. I´ve just listened to Black and White Town. I´m now listening to Pounding which makes me feel like listening to Keane,which I like better (together with Stereophonics - love their vocals).

MullenArianne wrote:

I LOVE Elbow! They're amazing! I love their cover of Running To Stand Still as well. I think it's probably the only cover of a U2 song that I like LOL!

I've heard of the Doves but I haven't given them a proper listen. yet
;)

if you like elbow.then you should love doves.both bands are very similar sounding.also theyre best mates too.

I friggin love both these bands.

"Asleep in the Back" by Elbow and "The Last Broadcast" by the Doves (I know, but it's hard not to say the Doves) are both inmy top 25 ever.

Never had the pleasure of seeing them live. I fell for both bands in 2002.

I plan on playing a Doves song live this year.

• Subscriber

No need to convert me Gibbo - I am a long time convert of Doves.

Curious to hear more about your shows would you be willing to share more? I am so envious of the fact that you have so many shows to choose from.

I will be seeing them on June 1st this side of the pond - I believe this is my fourth Doves show and I can not wait!

Looking so forward to hearing "Jetstream" live!

Are they playing many songs from Last Broadcast on this tour?

Love Elbow too...but haven't seen them live since 2002 - but think they are a fantastic band. Wish I could see them this year but refusing to go to theColdplay concert so as to see them again!!

• Subscriber

takethisheart wrote:

No need to convert me Gibbo - I am a long time convert of Doves.

Curious to hear more about your shows would you be willing to share more? I am so envious of the fact that you have so many shows to choose from.

I will be seeing them on June 1st this side of the pond - I believe this is my fourth Doves show and I can not wait!

Looking so forward to hearing "Jetstream" live!

Are they playing many songs from Last Broadcast on this tour?

Love Elbow too...but haven't seen them live since 2002 - but think they are a fantastic band. Wish I could see them this year but refusing to go to the Coldplay concert so as to see them again!!

they did TGTF,last broadcast,pounding ,words and caught by the river but it was a warm up tour though.

i'll let you know more a week on sundee when I see 'em again!wink.gif

this gig should be better 'cos I know the new album tracks a lot more now since Warrington as it's not been off my ipod/hi fi since it was released.Ilisten to it more than NLOTH which sums up how good it is and how average NLOTH is.

Sad but true!