child age

ANCUTA

alvarock wrote:

oh yes you can, last week there was an Iron maiden concert here in chile and there was no problem with the children, whole families reunited to see iron maiden, it was amazing...

Every venue is different, yet most of the time children are allowed. Check the venue for this info, but no matter what, everyone needs a ticket. 5 years old toa rock concert, isn't that like bringing a baby into a bar?

Disneyland is perfect for a five year old...maybe your hotel has a babysitter (as some do here in the US) and then you guys can enjoy U2 at night.

Best of luck and enjoy your show....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I don't think so. I don't know what other bands the poster who said this has seen but in no way in hell is U2 even on on the list of loudest bandsaround.

Anyhow, 5 years old may be a little too young for a concert. If you have seats it might not be too bad but I definitely wouln't do GA. Will your childlast throughout the whole show without wanting to leave? I know mine wouldn't at that age.

Better really to go without your young child if you want to truly enjoy the show.

• Subscriber

I don't think so. I don't know what other bands the poster who said this has seen but in no way in hell is U2 even on on the list of loudest bandsaround.

Anyhow, 5 years old may be a little too young for a concert. If you have seats it might not be too bad but I definitely wouln't do GA. Will your childlast throughout the whole show without wanting to leave? I know mine wouldn't at that age.

Better really to go without your young child if you want to truly enjoy the show.

alvarock wrote:

oh yes you can, last week there was an Iron maiden concert here in chile and there was no problem with the children, whole families reunited to see iron maiden, it was amazing...

Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. Taking a child that young to a concertisn't for the child to enjoy it (they probably won't last through the show or remember it), it's for your convenience. It's not good for theears of tots to be exposed to that loud a noise (oh, and did you hear that the iPod earbuds aren't good for us either), and a huge crowd could scare themquite a bit. Plus they won't be able to see anything once the crowd stands up and lord knows how much fun they'd have with a drunk a$$hole beingaround them. If it were me, I'd wait until the child was older, so everyone could enjoy the show. But that's just me . . .

• Subscriber

I agree with alot of the posters here..5 is too young to bring to a concert. They wouldn't enjoy the experience or appreciate it. Therefore your enjoymentwould be hindered too. Also you've got to think about all the people around you at the show,,,when your child gets tired and cranky it wouldn't be fairon everybody else around you.

Im a mother myself but i wouldn't bring my Daughter to the Vertigo shows for those reasons and she was 10 at the time,,,she 14 now and is looking forwardto her first U2 concert this year.

ceallach67 wrote:

I don't think so. I don't know what other bands the poster who said this has seen but in no way in hell is U2 even on on the list of loudest bands around.

Anyhow, 5 years old may be a little too young for a concert. If you have seats it might not be too bad but I definitely wouln't do GA. Will your child last throughout the whole show without wanting to leave? I know mine wouldn't at that age.

Yes they are very loud...Popmart I sat up on top across from the stage on the other side of Giants Stadium and my ears are still ringing...That was a mono setup (one central sound source), this tour they are using 4 different sets of amps for each side of the round stage....The stadium will be shaking, just likeGiants Stadium during Popmart.

Here is a breakdown from this site of the new sound system for 360:

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system - each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72separate subwoofers.

I think its going to be loud...and if its an dome stadium...wow....

Anyways, loud doesn't equal quality...yet it is very loud...and everyone, including children should be mindful of ear protection...

Enjoy and best of luck...

• Subscriber

toddv wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

I don't think so. I don't know what other bands the poster who said this has seen but in no way in hell is U2 even on on the list of loudest bands around.

Anyhow, 5 years old may be a little too young for a concert. If you have seats it might not be too bad but I definitely wouln't do GA. Will your child last throughout the whole show without wanting to leave? I know mine wouldn't at that age.

Yes they are very loud...Popmart I sat up on top across from the stage on the other side of Giants Stadium and my ears are still ringing...That was a mono set up (one central sound source), this tour they are using 4 different sets of amps for each side of the round stage....The stadium will be shaking, just like Giants Stadium during Popmart.

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system - each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72 separate subwoofers.

Anyways, loud doesn't equal quality...yet it is very loud...and everyone, including children should be mindful of ear protection...

LOL... your ears are still ringing from a show in 1997? Sorry, but that's funny. U2's sound set up is loud enough to fill a stadium, certainly. But they are not by far the loudest band I've ever seen that's for sure. And, I never said loud equals quality.

As far as sound is concerned, I know how it all works well. I've played in my own band for years and have run sound myself. You're right about earprotection, especially for children. I never wore any when I was playing in the band and I have lost some range of hearing.

• Subscriber

toddv wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Yes they are very loud...Popmart I sat up on top across from the stage on the other side of Giants Stadium and my ears are still ringing...That was a mono set up (one central sound source), this tour they are using 4 different sets of amps for each side of the round stage....The stadium will be shaking, just like Giants Stadium during Popmart.

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system - each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72 separate subwoofers.

LOL... your ears are still ringing from a show in 1997? Sorry, but that's funny. U2's sound set up is loud enough to fill a stadium, certainly. But they are not by far the loudest band I've ever seen that's for sure. And, I never said loud equals quality.

As far as sound is concerned, I know how it all works well. I've played in my own band for years and have run sound myself. You're right about earprotection, especially for children. I never wore any when I was playing in the band and I have lost some range of hearing.

Ya...I was joking...glad you caught that....But I think I have read that U2 has been fined in the past for sound issues (In Europe)....

And isn't that the point: Ear protection? For a five year old kid (who shouldn't be there anyways)....

Anyways everyone enjoy...I will....