New U2/BlackBerry Project: Who knows about this?

murlocker

There have been a few hints about U2 and BlackBerry working on some kind of new mobile interactive thing.

Here's a reference from a Toronto newspaper on April 4:

"I'm very excited about this," Bono told Mr. Cross about the RIM deal. "Research In Motion is going to give us what Apple wouldn't -access to their labs and their people so we can do something really spectacular."

Mr. Cross couldn't believe his ears. Was RIM working on a special U2 application that would help the band interact with fans as part of its "U2360" tour?

"You're not far off," Bono said, before slipping away into the crowd.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090404.RCOVERRIM04ART1942/TPStory/TPBusiness/Music/

And here's a reference from the original tour announcement on March 9:

" ...Paul McGuinness added: "This tour announcement marks the first stage of a relationship and shared vision between RIM and U2 that we expectwill lead to new and innovative ways to enhance the mobile music experience on the BlackBerry platform for U2 fans."

So... who can share some details?

I don't know what is going on,but i'm very excited.

I'm working for RIM and we had for their 20th anniversary Barnaked Ladies plaing and Aerosmith for us,and than we had for Christmas party 2 years agoTragically Hip and Van Halen playing for us.

This year is RIM's 25th anniversary and U2 is playing September and October Canadian dates and I'm hoping we could get some private show...

RIM is the best company and everything is possible :)

afulan u2 com wrote:

I don't know what is going on,but i'm very excited.

I'm working for RIM and we had for their 20th anniversary Barnaked Ladies plaing and Aerosmith for us,and than we had for Christmas party 2 years ago Tragically Hip and Van Halen playing for us.

This year is RIM's 25th anniversary and U2 is playing September and October Canadian dates and I'm hoping we could get some private show...

RIM is the best company and everything is possible
:)

How do I get a job there!

I guess I need to get rid of my blackjack and get a blackberry....

I am hoping for somthing very cool....the Blackberry Bold is what I want, yet I am gonna hold off....

More U2, less money...LOL....

Tim TO wrote:

think streaming of the in-house video feed to your blackberry device. So even in the cheap seats you have the band in the
palm of your hand

devil.gif I think ur right Tim, Bono said exactly that, ie, the band will be inthe palm of your hand. alien.gif