People should know something about U2

PiChU

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, but I also appreciate his ability to poke fun at himself and to be as regular a guy as he can under his most unique circumstances. Right nowhe's got to get his rock-n-roll hero persona tuned up for the 360 Tour, and part of our job in the audience will be to buoy him and the band on theirworldwide marathon. Bono's words, lyrical and political, have inspired millions to be better stewards of their gifts and talents, and I believe he willcontinue making a positive impact in this world even after he has moved on to the next.

U2 has always jumped right in and got their hands dirty. Whether moving in a new musical direction or taking on complex world issues, these men have followedtheir hearts and are to be commended for that. Yes, they are the biggest rock band in the world and live a life of affluence and notoriety, but they have beenvery good and consistent stewards of their fame, talent and money. Most of us cannot begin to comprehend the circles in which they travel, and individually wewill not make anything close to their global philanthropic impact. However, we can and should be putting our time, talent, and treasure to work for thegreater good in our communities and supporting policies and organizations that can make a positive impact beyond our borders.

Qualitatively - Is that a word, I hope so, because I think it should be - if we can't compete with someone, then we shouldn't even attempt to criticizethem. U2 have worked their collective asses off to be where they are in the entertainment biz. They've sacrificed much more than most of us can ever dreamof too.

If I left my wife alone for more than a week or two, she'd assume that I was MIA and possibly grieve, then hopefully walk on. On another note, mybio-illogical family - It's not a real word, but describes my blood relatives perfectly - know not to expect me to contact them until I contact them. Mymother and sister will sometimes email or call me once a month to see if I'm still alive. Yeah, I know. I'm not exactly the model "HappyDays" kinda family member, but they all know that I love them. They also know that I'd travel from Heaven even if I had to make a deal with the devilto be there for them. I'm just that kinda guy.

This isn't about me though, but I gotta express how I feel, so lemme break it down for ya. I like mathematics, but not enuff to become a math teacher. Icould possibly become a philosophy instructor one day though, so beer *HICCUP* bare with me for a minute here folks.

BUUUUUUUURP!!!

Okay. I feel better. Please pardon the smell, but I've been drinking cheap beer, and ate Taco Hell earlier today.

What was I talking about again? That shirt really doesn't do yer eyes justice. That wasn't it? Well, whatever it was has passed me - like gas from TacoBell. Ya know?

THE MESSAGE: Don't try to figure out someone or try to judge them until YOU have walked in their shoes for every step of their lives.

YOU and U2 are loved.

• Subscriber

I'm not one for quoting anything so I'm probably getting this wrong in some way... but somewhere along the way Bonosaid that he wanted to inspire.

I'm living, breathing proof of that....2005 Vertigo listening to Streets and watching the light curtain blaze all the flags of Africa...2006 sleeping on aconcrete floor in a catholic mission in Sudan...that's inspiration into practice.

Love the music, affect change and be good to one another

Love you all.

57pogues wrote:

I'm not one for quoting anything so I'm probably getting this wrong in some way... but somewhere along the way Bono

said that he wanted to inspire.

I'm living, breathing proof of that....2005 Vertigo listening to Streets and watching the light curtain blaze all the flags of Africa...2006 sleeping on a

concrete floor in a catholic mission in Sudan...that's inspiration into practice.

Love the music, affect change and be good to one another

Love you all.

YOU are loved.

• Subscriber

You know, if you ever ask one of those nasty, pessimistic, trash talking haters to explain themselves, they never give a legitimate answer. I have asked anddebated with many, and it's the same thing. Usually they just resort to some personal insult, call Bono a dirty name, whatever. When you bring upeverything that the band has done, and then ask them what they have done to help...they never have an answer. Last year I had someone tell me that they'just want to punch that guy Bono'! I was so mortified and I demanded to know WHY, and the answer I got was something like, he's annoying and triesto be the hero and no one is that amazing, blah blah blah. I will never understand why people are bothered by other people who only try and do good.

57pogues kind of like exemplified what I love about U2 fans and the fan community...and when I first discovered all of this, I was amazed to find a bunch ofpeople who were so much like me, and so seemingly respectful of eachother.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have this really benevolent feeling towards all U2 fans...they don't have to be people I know. When I come acrossthem in daily life, they're always the nicest of all people I meet, and I feel like I could be the best of friends with any one of them, because it seemslike we share a lot of the same values.

Look at this thread...everyone ending with a message of support for everyone else. You guys are the best, truly smile.gif

you know this might sound corny but whenever I meet someone and eventually find out that person is also a u2 lover, I know I've got a best friend there,you people are like no other, kind of anoying but seriously i love you guys!

*get's in hippie mode*

And did I just read the term "Rock&Roll rabbin"? that's a clever new one!