People should know something about U2

PiChU

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PiChU wrote:

you know this might sound corny but whenever I meet someone and eventually find out that person is also a u2 lover, I know I've got a best friend there, you people are like no other, kind of anoying but seriously i love you guys!

*get's in hippie mode*

And did I just read the term "Rock&Roll rabbin"? that's a clever new one!

That doesn't sound corny to me. I agree that U2 fans are a special breed, proud to share that kinship happy.gif

• Subscriber

On a recent poll from the UK Bono was #5 (I think) of a list of top ten people you'd like to strangle. Hmm.

When it was announced on my local rock station that U2 would be donating part of their concert takings (Red Zone) to charity the guys on the radio balked.

When people i meet for the first time ask about my fave music and I mention U2 since childhood the cringe and make comments about how annoying Bono and theband are.

When U2 began their quest for One people complained about them using their celebrity to meet other stars and make headlines.

Well, last i checked they have not reneged on any promise they've made; they show up to every concert they've scheduled; they make people aware of theHIV/AIDS, TB, hunger, water issues plaguing this world and actually do something about it.

Me thinks the nay-sayers should take their ugly sticks, put them back into their pockets and contribute to the self-less acts of U2 instead of bitching aboutthem.

• Subscriber

kev mc wrote:

I imagine people who hate on Bono and U2 for doing so much humanitarian work do so out of guilt. They're defensive about their own inadaquacy.

This has been the only explanation that I can come up with. Why else would you bash people who do so much good? The only other thing I can thinkof is maybe a few of the haters are really, truly evil people...but I hope they're just guilty and jealous.

Tallpolishgirl, I have had the SAME reactions! I'm not at all a violent person, but it really makes me want to smack them!

so much we talk about haters but so far I've had the luck of not bumping into one.

something I agree with is about acting against what you're not cormfortable with, what's the point in bitching?

and it's ok taquitos, we love annoying lol!

maybe he should just sing his songs and give the prophecy thing a break while on tour.

I'm paying good money to her him do so . I've been going to U2 shows since 1987 and every new tour there is more talk and less music.

I love there music and I admire the band and especially Bono for his work around the world, but give it a time out for a little while.