too expensive?

andy4035

• Subscriber

okay there is no bigger u2 fan than me as i see it.25 years(scary) of listening and going to see them and no one will ever come within an inch of touching themfor me,but i have to say i am far from happy with their prices.

the $50 for this site is well overpriced,lets face it, you get a cd which will be slapped all over the internet anyway and you have a forum and videos towatch.and access to presales which was a balls up last time.

but i have to say the thing that really sticks in my throat is the price of tickets.they say they are reducing ticket prices for the recession and all that butit simply isnt true is it?

yes, you can get a £30 ticket but then all or most of the other tickets are sky high.the profit margin for u2 does not drop, it rises.

so i opt for the £55 tickets(which until i get them could be pitch standing or stuck in a crap lower level) and then i get hit with ridiculous handlingcharge.so 2 tickets goes from £110 to £127????. and if you buy more expensive tickets the handling charge rises to£13.50 each.....why

u2's music will always be in my blood and i will always go to them and love it.but i have to say in a year or 2 we will hear how they may have broke therecord for grossing the most money on a tour or they smashed whatever record financially and i do think...quote"cheaper tickets because theres arecession,but still cater for the rich"

more latter bono? the money machine is always there i'm affraid, as much as i love this band.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

- The presale worked this time around.

- The CD is a decent gift

- U2 doesn't control ticket fees. That's TM and beyond the band's control

- General Admission which are the closest seats, haven't risen in base price for three tours.

- Only 15% of the seats are 250 according to Billboard.

- It's a stadium show with a GA field. There are no good seats.

- Rich people like U2 too.

• Subscriber

Mr Fly wrote:

- General Admission which are the closest seats, haven't risen in base price for three tours.

^^This should answer all your questions/concerns^^

To reiterate: The artist has no control over the surcharges that TM charges. They're ridiculous, I know. I hear ya on that point. I paid $13 or so perticket taking my total from $190 to somewhere about $222 and change.

About U2's ticket prices. I paid $95 per ticket for lower level seating. The tickets I bought for the Vertigo tour were also first/lower level and theface value of the ticket? $95. So no, U2 has not increased their prices for tickets.

• Subscriber

Mr Fly wrote:

^^This should answer all your questions/concerns^^

To reiterate: The artist has no control over the surcharges that TM charges. They're ridiculous, I know. I hear ya on that point. I paid $13 or so perticket taking my total from $190 to somewhere about $222 and change.

About U2's ticket prices. I paid $95 per ticket for lower level seating. The tickets I bought for the Vertigo tour were also first/lower level and theface value of the ticket? $95. So no, U2 has not increased their prices for tickets.

So your main beef is mainly with the additional charges which as everybody knows has sweet FA to do with the band and is entirely down to TM/Livenation. As foryour £55 ticket then they will be GA which is standing and this price hasn't risen for this tour as it was the same for Vertigo.

Don't know what you're moaning about Matey...........

Pre-sale was piss easy.....no problems at all

Ticketbastard st the prices, not the band

Prices have risen less than 2% over 5 years which is bloody brilliant

CD is fine

If you can't afford it, you can do one of two things. Either save up harder or don't go. Simplesmokin.gif