show venues..????...

u2jerry

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that they might be thinking about how to offer some "more initimate" outdoor gigs.....oh gosh....wouldn't that be perfect? I cannotthink of a better way to see them! For a big show, inside is my choice, not in a stadium where so much sound and energy can be lost. But a smaller outdoorshow?? Wow :) Those would be perfect!

The Under-the-Bridges Tour!!! :D

Here is what was quoted in Billboard:

"Asked about live plans, Bono commented: "We've got something very special planned, it's something we've been working on for many years,a whole way of trying to do shows outdoors and making them very intimate. And also we are trying to work on some cheaper ticket prices because this is therecession."

He went on to say that there would also be very expensive tickets because "rich people have feelings too!" laugh.gif

Stadium shows are miserable for everybody except the band's egos and pocketbooks. You have to pay ridiculous money to get close, stand outside in theelements all day, stand for horus waiting for the show, listen to some lame opening band Bono thinks is cool (Damien Marley comes to mind), and then after allthat... 90% of the audience gets to watch the show on TV because they are so far away the band look like ants.

No thanks, I'll wait for the DVD.

• Subscriber

Osiris you're one down dood!!!

Let me see if I have this right. You dislike the new album, you dislike outdoor gigs, warm up bands, queueing, and bands getting paid to entertain you, oh andthe weather. SO, you're not going to a U2 outdoor gig and are going to wait for the DVD.

I'd love to know what exactly does float your boat?!!!

Personally, some of the best gigs I've been at have been outdoor and in the rain. (I'm Irish so admittedly I haven't had much of a choice :)