Live Aid 1985, Wembley arena. Special request

paulinaru

I was one year old when this great event took place. Since I could´nt be there myself :( I have watched parts of it on youtube. My personal opinion is thatQueen was one our times greatest bands, with their ground breaking music and fantastic songs.

They had a singer (I have no good words to describe him) who performed with such a energy, that I think even the angels where crying tears of happines.

I am a girl, 25 years old, that has had the wonderful opportunity to listen to the fantastic music that U2 has made over the years. I am going to my first everlive concert with U2 in Gothenburg the 31th july 2009. And I just cant wait!

It´s bound to be one of my best moments in life to remember.

Since I did´nt get the chance to experience the Live Aid concert 1985 and Queen, it would mean the world to me and I hope for many others, if you could make atribute to Queen and in memory of Freddie Mercury by singing one of their songs.

So you could take us back to that magic day at Wembley arena.

I don´t know if this is too much to ask, but I have to try :)

God bless U2!

May you have long days and pleasant nights!

Yours truly Paulina, Malmö Sweden

• Subscriber

I was at the concert, I had quit my job in Paris, just to go to London to try and get tickets for the concert. I managed to get to tickets for the concert -the morning of the concert from an English actress called Katie Rabbet, who at the time was dating Prince Andrew Duke of York .She and some friends had been tosee Joe Cocker the night before Live Aid and were too tired to go to the concert the next day, so I got their tickets.
Even though Queen were fantastic , I must say U2 were better , there was such a buzz went through the audience went Bono left the stage , he made it personal ,he connected , he became one with the audience. I was so happy I made the effort, and felt very privileged to be part of such an historic event. banana.gif

• Subscriber

paulinaru wrote:

I was one year old when this great event took place.

Ouch! I feel my age now! I remember getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning to watch the whole thing on TV. By the way, paulinaru, the entire concert is available on DVD. Something like five or six discs.

• Subscriber

from Live Aid? On youtube? . Queen was awesome, but everyone knew Queen then. I loved U2 more because they were reletively new to the world, and they justwell....you should see it if you haven't. It showcases exactly what makes U2 a Live band.

• Subscriber

queen got worse after live aid. it was like their curtain call that gig. thats what it seemed to me.

u2 were truly born after live aid. it was like everything since after they touched turned to gold.

they were both good on the day.

• Subscriber

MacFoley wrote:

queen got worse after live aid. it was like their curtain call that gig. thats what it seemed to me.

u2 were truly born after live aid. it was like everything since after they touched turned to gold.

they were both good on the day.

I feel my age now!.lol!roll.gifgot to agree with you Mac ..Queendid go downhill so to speak after that .....but maybe that was due to Freddie not being so fit as he battled Aids?..who knows ..but aye they were brilliant inthier time ...thumbsup.gif

and aye U2 was defininetly MAGNIFICENT !......still sit and watch it and drool over Bonos sweat,legs,bum,hair,and of course his vioce wasMAGNIFICENT!........one of the best U2 perfomances in history .....thumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

no Megsy ..not because of that at all...hes been getting fans up like forever!.lol!......his vioce was tremendous that day Megsy......and as I said ..hishair,sweat etc........the whole band were just MAgnificent!...;-)..................

• Subscriber

megsy1983 wrote:

isnt it that because he got a fan on stage when they were told, no ans on stage and they went past their time limit on stage

?

they still had time to play the third song. bono thought they had over run. if you watch the end bono just walks off the stage while the band carry on. butlittle did they know what they did on that day was to change their lives upside down for the rest of their glittering journey.

bono with that hair on that day was a HUGE hightlight! when he took the hat off at the start, its like WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yeah his voice was incredible thatday. it was this performance that got me hooked on u2.