U2: Soundtrack of Your Life

zootrabant

If your life had a soundtrack with music from U2 that would track this?

My:

1 - Pride (my youth)
2 - Silver And Gold (my friends)
3 - The Fly (The day that I was exempted from army. That day I bought Achtung Baby )
4 - Stay (Faraway, So Close) (my first girlfriend)
5 - Dancing Barefoot (my first, second, third.... time with my first girlfriend)
6 - So Cruel (when I lost my first girlfriend)
7 - Mofo (My mother).
8 - All I Want is You (My wife)
9 - Some Days Are Better Than Others (the day I received the news of the pregnancy of my wife for our 1st daughter).
10 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (my father. He is not dead, I believe, but he leave my home
when I was 11 years old. So...).
11 - Magnificent (How wonderful God is, and my two daughters).
12 - Unknown Caller (When God spoke to me again after 3 years that I stayed away from him).

Im not sure I could made a whole list out of their songs, but I relate Walk On to crucial moments of my life. Leave home or stay... Even if I had no idea wherewas that 'home' I was looking for, I felt wrong at the place I was. And that song became like signature song for period of wanting to run away insearch of 'unknown' (even if you glass heart should break...). Walk On is still the most important U2 song for me. Extremely personal one.

Kite also came around at that particular period, so I could relate Kite with all conflicted feelings about 'belonging' and 'home'.

(as a matter of fact, entire All That You Cant Leave Behind is sort of elementary school soundtrack. Last year of elementary).

City of Blinding Lights was when I realized how beautiful world really is.

Original of the species (special dedication by someone special as sort of a b-day present).

With or Without You was on the radio when I first realized I had fallen for somebody.

Breathe is current 'Im good. Life's good' song :).

Staring at the Sun - moment you come to realization that whatever you're going through, you're not the first one, not the last one, nor the only one.

Sometimes you cant make it on your own - similarly to Bono's experience, my very own (e)strange(d) relationship with closest family.

That's pretty much all I can think of, for now, at least :-)

Im not sure I could made a whole list out of their songs, but I relate Walk On to crucial moments of my life. Leave home or stay... Even if I had no idea wherewas that 'home' I was looking for, I felt wrong at the place I was. And that song became like signature song for period of wanting to run away insearch of 'unknown' (even if you glass heart should break...). Walk On is still the most important U2 song for me. Extremely personal one.

Kite also came around at that particular period, so I could relate Kite with all conflicted feelings about 'belonging' and 'home'.

(as a matter of fact, entire All That You Cant Leave Behind is sort of elementary school soundtrack. Last year of elementary).

City of Blinding Lights was when I realized how beautiful world really is.

Original of the species (special dedication by someone special as sort of a b-day present).

With or Without You was on the radio when I first realized I had fallen for somebody.

Breathe is current 'Im good. Life's good' song :).

Staring at the Sun - moment you come to realization that whatever you're going through, you're not the first one, not the last one, nor the only one.

Sometimes you cant make it on your own - similarly to Bono's experience, my very own (e)strange(d) relationship with closest family.

That's pretty much all I can think of, for now, at least :-)

1.- Miracle Drug - Walking on the street I heard that song everyday hopess

2.- Moment of Surrender - Driving in my car singing that tune

3.- Kite - When I miss my child or leaving him at school

4.- Beautiful Day - when something good happens to me

5.- Stuck In a Moment - When I feel bad