STRYPER

Shagg

• Subscriber

Erin Go Bragh less wrote:

This is a discussion board - are you having issues with the discussion at hand??? If you don't want to get into the discussion then don't go into the thread and flame whoever started it for fucks sake!!

That said...

I think there were a couple of Stryper tracks I liked at one time a long time ago and I've never been to one of their shows so I"ve no idea if they threw Bibles to the audience.

Besides....

This band board you belong to have many MANY faith based tracks as well in case you've not noticed.

This is why in 4 years I've never bothered talking to you Erin. I'm quite obviously having a joke, no flaming involved, hence the smiliesused. If you want to be devoid of humour for the rest of your life then go ahead, or go and find Izzy where ever she has disappeared to, and be self righteouswith her. Wow, that was bitchy, but it kinda felt good....

And yes U2 has tracks about faith, .... and sin and sex,drugs, dogs, cats, monkeys and all sorts of bloody things.

Do I need to point out the difference between lapsed Catholics/Protestants or the nothing-at-alls that the band are and thehands-in-the-air-like-Jesus-does-care-true-love-waitsers that you want to pretend they are????

If only we still had a star system Erin, so you and your boring friends could de-star me like you used to.

How was that LA? Too harsh? wink.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Ummmm.... I just read that back and.. Look I just woke up. Erin, if you look back and actually read my posts you'll see that I'm just playing withShagg, who is obviously playing back. I'm sorry to be rude to you like that, but we obviously have a difference in humour, and like most message boards,dry humour doesn't always come across well.

I am actually a man of faith myself, however I personally can listen to the God given talents of any musician in any style, and appreciate that. I personallyfind Faith based music to be self-indulgent, and the idea of Faith Hair Metal to be a bit laughable. That's just my opinion - but like your saying this isa forum, so I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is because the Zoo is dead, and Shagg was happily replying to my posts when there was no other action going on inhere.

I still think many people mistake U2 for being a faith-based band. But that being said, if you get a rise out of U2's music, and it assists your faith,then more power to you.

Personally, I just hear a Irish rock band, so of course there's going to be elements of Catholicism/ Protestantism as per the history of Irish culture. Idon't read much more into it than that. And as someone raised Irish Catholic it certainly doesn't bother me either.

Make of it what you will, that's the freedom of enjoying music.

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

This is a discussion board - are you having issues with the discussion at hand??? If you don't want to get into the discussion then don't go into the thread and flame whoever started it for fucks sake!!

That said...

I think there were a couple of Stryper tracks I liked at one time a long time ago and I've never been to one of their shows so I"ve no idea if they threw Bibles to the audience.

Besides....

This band board you belong to have many MANY faith based tracks as well in case you've not noticed.

This is why in 4 years I've never bothered talking to you Erin. I'm quite obviously having a joke, no flaming involved, hence the smilies used. If you want to be devoid of humour for the rest of your life then go ahead, or go and find Izzy where ever she has disappeared to, and be self righteous with her. Wow, that was bitchy, but it kinda felt good....

And yes U2 has tracks about faith, .... and sin and sex,drugs, dogs, cats, monkeys and all sorts of bloody things.

Do I need to point out the difference between lapsed Catholics/Protestants or the nothing-at-alls that the band are and the hands-in-the-air-like-Jesus-does-care-true-love-waitsers that you want to pretend they are????

If only we still had a star system Erin, so you and your boring friends could de-star me like you used to.

How was that LA? Too harsh? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Yeah that was bitchy too but that felt good pimp.gif

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

Ummmm.... I just read that back and.. Look I just woke up. Erin, if you look back and actually read my posts you'll see that I'm just playing with Shagg, who is obviously playing back. I'm sorry to be rude to you like that, but we obviously have a difference in humour, and like most message boards, dry humour doesn't always come across well.

I am actually a man of faith myself, however I personally can listen to the God given talents of any musician in any style, and appreciate that. I personally find Faith based music to be self-indulgent, and the idea of Faith Hair Metal to be a bit laughable. That's just my opinion - but like your saying this is a forum, so I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is because the Zoo is dead, and Shagg was happily replying to my posts when there was no other action going on in here.

I still think many people mistake U2 for being a faith-based band. But that being said, if you get a rise out of U2's music, and it assists your faith, then more power to you.

Personally, I just hear a Irish rock band, so of course there's going to be elements of Catholicism/ Protestantism as per the history of Irish culture. I don't read much more into it than that. And as someone raised Irish Catholic it certainly doesn't bother me either.

Ok with that being said, I take the previous comment back. Erin, stick your boring opinion and humourless posts up yer erse. And that hat looksridiculous, and doesn't make you Irish.mad.giflaugh.gifdevil.gifsmokin.gif

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

mick james wrote:

Ummmm.... I just read that back and.. Look I just woke up. Erin, if you look back and actually read my posts you'll see that I'm just playing with Shagg, who is obviously playing back. I'm sorry to be rude to you like that, but we obviously have a difference in humour, and like most message boards, dry humour doesn't always come across well.

I am actually a man of faith myself, however I personally can listen to the God given talents of any musician in any style, and appreciate that. I personally find Faith based music to be self-indulgent, and the idea of Faith Hair Metal to be a bit laughable. That's just my opinion - but like your saying this is a forum, so I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is because the Zoo is dead, and Shagg was happily replying to my posts when there was no other action going on in here.

I still think many people mistake U2 for being a faith-based band. But that being said, if you get a rise out of U2's music, and it assists your faith, then more power to you.

Personally, I just hear a Irish rock band, so of course there's going to be elements of Catholicism/ Protestantism as per the history of Irish culture. I don't read much more into it than that. And as someone raised Irish Catholic it certainly doesn't bother me either.

Ok with that being said, I take the previous comment back. Erin, stick your boring opinion and humourless posts up yer erse. And that hat looks ridiculous, and doesn't make you Irish.
imageimageimageimage

Is that the best you can come up with?? I didn't see your previous post - we both must have been typing at the same time..but whatever.

• Subscriber

Yes we were apparently posting at the same time. And as for is that the best I can come up with, Erin I don't actually care, and was being immature likeyour fucking-fuckity-fucks that you seem to rely on to get your point across.

And as for smiley faces, um, they are used to assist in indicating ones tone, and do actually help when making a point.

And although you don't know who I am, I've had you reply to my posts in this "defender-of-all-who-are helpless-in-U2.com" fashion severaltimes over the past few years, so I figured "here we go again", and as for getting over ones self, well I was thinking the exact same thing becauseof that.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. Have a nice day.

• Subscriber

U2LAWoman wrote:

That said...

Besides....

Erin, you rule..but....I think he was just foolin..and playin around about the Strypes..

waits at the zoo gate entrance for Mick James to see how's he gonna get out of this one.........
laugh.gif

It's all good LA. Erin and I have bought a case of beer and 2 tickets to Stryper. If the concert's no good, we're gonna get wellpissed and pull those little fish symbols off cars in the parking lot. wink.gif

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

That said...

Besides....

Erin, you rule..but....I think he was just foolin..and playin around about the Strypes..

waits at the zoo gate entrance for Mick James to see how's he gonna get out of this one.........roll.gif

mick james wrote:

Shagg wrote:

I liked them better when they were Pearl Jam.

You are joking right??? Tell me your joking?????? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You're just winding me up right????? You don't think Creed was Pearl Jam do you??? Say it's not sooo!!!!!!!!

*Runs away crying hoping the Shagg is having a wee joke at my exspense getting me back for all those Stryper jokes I made*

And Shagg, I'll have you know I just found myself watching a couple of Stryper clips on Youtube. And it's all your fault....happy.gif

mick james wrote:

Erin and I have bought a case of beer and 2 tickets to Stryper. If the concert's no good, we're gonna get well pissed and pull those little fish symbols off cars in the parking lot. wink.gif