VOTE: Should I get a U2 tatoo?

xtraspicy62

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

This is my daisy one which is getting really old now - 12 years ago! As I said down in the Bono thread it is blurred because my husband was laughing too much to hold the phone straight to take the pic!

18112009151.jpg

It's not too big only about 1.5 - 2 inches tall. Daisies have always been my favourite flower, favourite doodle when i was younger and my daughter's middle name!

I haven't got a pic of the other, I'll try and get one done!

• Subscriber
imageThis is true .... I got my first tattoo when I was 37 , so I did put some thought into it , lol . Now I have several and don't regret any of them ..... and yes, there are a few U2 ones image
well, you beat me NYREDHEAD722! i have my tattoo for more then a year (easy to remember the date; sept.11th.2008.)

i was 35 and a half!

i always liked tattoo's but i was this 'good girl' and since my teenyears connected with a certain religious group that didn't aprove to these things...

but some years ago it start to botter me that people (of this group) always seem to mind everyone elses bussiness...

i started thinking about a tattoo, something meaningfull to me that i could agree with my whole life! (after i'd seen the tattoos of a dutch female singer , who's so feminin and strong..) 

i thought about it for almost two years and it came to me that it had to be a sun; cause that's the symbol of life to me! also i'm a summergirl; like it hot and sunny! my favourite flower is a sunflower, so i decided it couldn't be anything else...

it was hard getting it, cause my husband didn't like it (he was afraid of his parents reaction also).

but then i finally got it (as a gift from my mother..) and its on my wrist with a sort of bracelet attached! in naturall henna-coulors (people sometimes think it is henna..)

my husbands family does look at it but never said a word about it....and i'm happy with it cause it's a symbol for what i love most: life itself!! and a sunshinny day...

• Subscriber

so xtraspicy you should only do it if you really want it, think about it carefully...and go ahead if you're sure about it!

only thing is they're a bit of an addiction.. i always say i'll have 1 more and i wanto get it when i'm 40 : a seashell...

so i'll have the sun and something from the sea (took me a while to figure out what, didn't wanna go for the dolphin or starfish!). sun and sea : two opposites but so connected!

now i'll have a few years to figure out the place; up till now i guess it'll be in the middle of my back or neck (close to my hair)...

hey Xtra, didn't know you was thinking about a tattoo. I already have two. they daisy which is in the Bono thread and a celtic symbol on my hip. I am really wanting a new one, I want something U2 related without being a cliche of them. I want it as a christmas present from my husband so has to be something we both like. I haven't decided on which one yet, but I hope it will be on my body by the new year  

Hi Zhivvy! Maybe I'll get one for christmas too...or New Years to symbolize new beginnings.... I like ur idea to get one with ur husband BC it would be intimate and private, something to share just between the two of you... Thanks for sharing ur daisy tat....U lovable DAISY U!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy']hey Xtra, didn't know you was thinking about a tattoo. I already have two. they daisy which is in the Bono thread and a celtic symbol on my hip. I am really wanting a new one, I want something U2 related without being a cliche of them. I want it as a christmas present from my husband so has to be something we both like. I haven't decided on which one yet, but I hope it will be on my body by the new year

Hi Zhivvy! Maybe I'll get one for christmas too...or New Years to symbolize new beginnings.... I like ur idea to get one with ur husband BC it would be intimate and private, something to share just between the two of you... Thanks for sharing ur daisy tat....U lovable DAISY U!!lol!!tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...