Swine Flu and the Tour

• Subscriber

Anyone think that the Swine Flu epidemic will affect U2's touring plans (and ours)???? Cases have shown up in several states including Canada andAustralia. The number of cases are likely to grow in the next several months. Scary.

Diane

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do believe it will cause some issues with this tour. The reason is basic. The virus is mutating and will become stronger, that's how it has gonefrom pig to human contact, now human to human contact. By the fall there is no telling how bad it will be. Travel into and out of countries is alreadyaffected, travel for non essential trips to Mexico is being frowned on (of course U2 fans would think it is essential LOL). They are getting ready to closeMexico City now. Bottom line: F*CK YEAH IT'S GONNA CAUSE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE TOUR. Go see U2 pick up the Piggy Flu. Die of pneumonia. No thanks. *Wahinejumps up and down yelling I knew there was a reason I didn't buy tickets to this tour*

here we go again yet another "pandemic" thats gonna wipe everyone off the face of the earth just like hn51 and avian flu..........ebola and e-coliand any other thing you can think of......really we should all have snuffed it by now.

typical kneejerk reaction to things by the media as usual.

and if this does turn out to be a major thing then u2 and the tour will be the last thing on my mind im not that selfish, protecting my family will come first.

Oh well thanks for pointing that out taquitos!

I had hope you know?

Well they just anounced that no one is going to school

right now my friends are anouncing a gethering to drink and celebrate the international design day!

Someone said alcohol kills bacterias right?

It can be the press, it can be massive histeria

But as long as my parents are cool and my friends want to party

then it's all ok.

Remember positive thoughts are even more powerful than negative ones.

Everything's gonna be all right.

I just spoke with a doctor about it (he's one of my neighbors) and I guess the problem at this moment is how many people already are in weakened conditionswith immune defencies, etc. The reason it is a pandemic is because it is a brand new disease, never before seen and this virus has characterists that aredifferent from the regular flu. He is really concerned. I agree with trying to think positive as well.