I received the Slane CD and Tee Shirt for 2 Years in a Row...

Dan_

Just wondering if there are any other members like myself who feel somewhat "cheated" that we have to go two full renewal cycles to get a new giftfrom U2.com. I paid my fee on 2007 and got the Slane CD and Shirt (thank you). Then I pay my fee in 2008 and get the same gift again... the Slane CD and ashirt?? Did this happen to anyone else? No one at U2.com seems to care... they just tell me that when I renew again, I will receive the new gift. Sometimes Ifeel like this fan club will never be run properly... Sorry, but I had to vent... Dan

• Subscriber

Dan001 wrote:

I renewed when I was supposed to. I'd be scared to death not to renew on time with U2.com. I'd be afraid I'd lose my seniority...

For sure mate, but was that pre-extension? By all rights you should get the current gift next renewal - boring I know but the extension kinda threw off therenewal times for many. Now it's like the Horses birthday where many people will have their renewal date moved to March. Mine was November originally,but I didn't renew, and had my membership extended to March. If you renewed before November it might be the reason. You could always join the "Ididn't recieve my renewal gift" thread that's bound to pop up in the next few weeks and hope for the best.

• Subscriber

Hi there i'm the same as you i always renew in november and also got two slane castle gifts.I have not received the new gift yet so i think i have to waittill i renew again in november to receive the free cd.Bit p##t off about that.But i suppose i'll just have to wait.I did'nt get a sleeve for the 4singles either as i collect the u2 vinyl i was dissapointed in not getting one of them as well,perhaps i'm just greedy.

• Subscriber

The only info that they gave about the renewal extension was a thread in the community section. I got the renewal reminder in November, but also there was theposts from Baja about ignoring it until further notice, and to wait until the new gift was decided on - this took a few months.

If you didn't see that thread, you wouldn't have known about the extension. They should have sent an email about it, or put a notice on the front pageof the members section after log in I imagine there are several long time members who don't actually post in/read the Community section, and would havebeen unaware of the renewal extension, and will therefore recieve the Slane gift twice - and of course you would renew to keep your seniority. Just out ofinterest did you guys get the pre-sale code?

Hang in there, I'm sure more folk will come out with this problem in the next short while, and hopefully a solution will be offered. Thinking back, I canremember people getting the U2.Communication gift 2 years running instead of the Slane gift, and some sort of solution was offered.

My 2 purposes to join the ranks here was 1. Slane on CD and 2. Early tickets.

I love love love Slane Live and am so happy to have that in my collection but it's good to know to look for the next gift selection. Although, I would liketo get another T-Shirt.

My 2 purposes to join the ranks here was 1. Slane on CD and 2. Early tickets.

I love love love Slane Live and am so happy to have that in my collection but it's good to know to look for the next gift selection. Although, I would liketo get another T-Shirt.

Reply to Mick James...

Thankfully I did get the Horizon presale code so I am pleased about that! I didn't read the threads at the time... and I wouldn't have dared not torenew anyway.

I'm surprised that a solution was not offered for the Slane CD gift situation though. I'm just tired of being told that I cannot get one this year butonly when I renew next year. It's just not right two make a paying member go without a new item for an extra year because they can't run the fan clubproperly!!