80's, 90's, or 00's BONO? With which would u rather have a conversation?

jujuman2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jujuman2 wrote:

For me, it would have to be the latest version (00's), just because there would be more content and depth.

Exactly. Less 'young rage' more maturity. I could ask him if he ever really found himself (though I believe, in book he said 'no').

jujuman2 wrote:

For me, it would have to be the latest version (00's), just because there would be more content and depth.

Exactly. Less 'young rage' more maturity. I could ask him if he ever really found himself (though I believe, in book he said 'no').

• Subscriber

Well, this might sound silly, but I'd say '80s, probably because I'm only 19. I was listening to a radio interview with him on youtube the otherday, from '79 or '80, and he already sounds so wise beyond his years, way smarter than me, haha. I like all that youthful 'conviction' butagain, I'm young.

There may be another ulterior motive for that decision, but I won't say anything about that ;)

I think that 80's, 90's or 00's Bono is the same person.

For me the only stage that I think that success was wrong for him was between 87 and 89. The Joshua Tree is a great albun, no doubt about it, but what cameafter him, in my opinion was the worst phase of the band and Bono. Rattle and Hum have great songs but the way it was done has nothing to U2. This phase isvery strange to me. And look at that irony: my first experience with U2 was watching the video of Rattle and Hum. The 90s was a way to get rid what he and theband had become. They could not destroy what they had become, so they made it ridiculous. Absolutely brilliant.

So I think the best time to have a conversation with Bono would be now. In 2009.

Anytime is a good time to have a conversation with The Prince. Bono is Timeless. There is so much I could learn from, he has surprised me. He definitely is aman who possesses wisdom, enlightment and understanding of spiritual things. I love Bono. How I would love to sit with him, in a room, and just listen to himspeak or read a book drink a cup of tea or coffee for that matter. A conversation with the Prince would satisfy me very much. Thats because I would be drowningwith his energy, I would be so deep in thought, deep in trance like mode that he probably would have to wake me to bring me back to here. With him, I go awaysomehow to where I belong spiritually. In his company I would be very happy in all ways. This would be a "paradox" moment in time. Paradox, meaning amarking of a certain event in time, this experience goes with me when I pass on.