70/80,s-90,s-00,s youre favourite decade musically.

meweavy

• Subscriber

If I had to compile a list of my favourite U2 songs, the decade most represented would likely be the 80's (although it's by an incredibly slim margin). My favourite CD (Achtung Baby) came out in the 90's, but my top 6 U2 CD's list would contain the three released this decade. It's a saw-off.

• Subscriber

I guess I'd have to sat the 90s. They have such a spanned career it's VERY hard. Every album has great music. Streets is my absolutely favorite song,but as for a decade it's the 90s.

Musically my favourite decade is the 90's, but the 80's have War, my third favourite albun, and the 00's have No Line on the Horizon, my favourite.

About trilogies, I don't see this way. I see them as twins and only child:

Boy/October - twins

War - only child

The Unforgettable Fire - only child

The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum - twins

Achtung Baby/Zooropa - twins

Pop - only child

ATYCLB - only child

HTDAAB - only child

No Line on the Horizon - only child

• Subscriber

meweavy wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

My favorite album is The Unforgettable Fire. But U2 has some incredible moments musically in all three decades; 80's, 90's and the 00's. Achtung Baby is an outstanding 90's offering as was the entire ZooTV tour experience. The Elevation Tour, I would say, was the best offering in the 00's, this far anyhow. I think this new tour and the innovative stage desgin and such just may trump the Elevation Tour. Though at this moment in time, it's too soon to tell.

I gotta say, I'm confused about the mention of the 70's to be honest.

woops.my bad.boy came out in 1980.so ignore the 70,s bit.

but for me it is the very early u2 right up until joshua tree.that was when they were raw.with that massive old u2 sound.the joshua tree redux pack.that u2 live in paris dvd has to be the best set list i have seen(pop mexico is a very close 2nd).

but that live in paris dvd is sublime.u2 at thier very best.

the 90,s were amazing also and for me there isnt that much in it.to go from the old u2 to the massive zoo tv tour and pop mart tour.was a huge change in direction.but for me the old u2 were the best years.

Yeah, I'm with you on the raw sound of the 80s. That would be my favorite time of U2's musically. But honestly they lost me some at the Joshua Treeafter they became a commercial act. I went the other way with music and I also started playing my own music then, too. I never really stopped liking U2, Iwas just turned away from some of the mass appeal, I guess. I don't know... I was young and dumb and well full of my own shit. If that makes sense. U2didn't grab me fully again until the release of Achtung Baby.

• Subscriber

meweavy wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

My favorite album is The Unforgettable Fire. But U2 has some incredible moments musically in all three decades; 80's, 90's and the 00's. Achtung Baby is an outstanding 90's offering as was the entire ZooTV tour experience. The Elevation Tour, I would say, was the best offering in the 00's, this far anyhow. I think this new tour and the innovative stage desgin and such just may trump the Elevation Tour. Though at this moment in time, it's too soon to tell.

but for me it is the very early u2 right up until joshua tree.that was when they were raw.with that massive old u2 sound.the joshua tree redux pack.that u2 live in paris dvd has to be the best set list i have seen(pop mexico is a very close 2nd).

the 90,s were amazing also and for me there isnt that much in it.to go from the old u2 to the massive zoo tv tour and pop mart tour.was a huge change in direction.but for me the old u2 were the best years.

Yeah, I'm with you on the raw sound of the 80s. That would be my favorite time of U2's musically. But honestly they lost me some at the Joshua Treeafter they became a commercial act. I went the other way with music and I also started playing my own music then, too. I never really stopped liking U2, Iwas just turned away from some of the mass appeal, I guess. I don't know... I was young and dumb and well full of my own shit. If that makes sense. U2didn't grab me fully again until the release of Achtung Baby.

• Subscriber

The 80s are definitely my favorite decade for U2. This is not to say I think they've gone downhill or anything since then-I DON'T. I'm always waryof saying I like their older stuff best for fear of it being misconstrued as 'nothing else they've done has been as good'. It's just mypersonal preference, and I absolutely love all their music. It might have something to do with age-the whole raw, youthful passion/conviction aspect. All Iknow is that I will never stop regretting that I didn't get to experience it firsthand.

ceallach67 wrote:

meweavy wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Yeah, I'm with you on the raw sound of the 80s. That would be my favorite time of U2's musically. But honestly they lost me some at the Joshua Tree after they became a commercial act. I went the other way with music and I also started playing my own music then, too. I never really stopped liking U2, I was just turned away from some of the mass appeal, I guess. I don't know... I was young and dumb and well full of my own shit. If that makes sense. U2 didn't grab me fully again until the release of Achtung Baby.
i kindof agree.i went though a phase of not listening to u2 for a while.it was after the zoo tv tour.i got heavily into dance music and at thetime madchester music,stone roses,inspiral carpets,happy mondays etc.

so for a while thats all i listened too.i still listened to u2 but not as much.i even missed out on the pop tour,as i wasnt into u2 at that time..

big mistake.

but the whole u2 in the 90,s were amazing. a massive change,but i was pretty much listening to other music then really.

but 80,s u2 were the best.imho.