The Edge and land development in Malibu

DawnMarieRyan

According to several news articles The Edge or David Evans will be building 4 mansions on some mountain top properties in Malibu. Here's the link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090417/en_music_eo/119279

I just wonder why more development is needed? Certainly it wouldn't be for lack of money? "Enviromentally sensative" development is developmentand that isn't envirnomentally sensative. Development means paving over, cutting down, it means more people, less nature, it means impact. What about asmall home amidst a mountain top nature preserve? We are losing nature at an unprecedented rate. Instead of an island of wilderness in a sea of humanity, whynot an island of humanity in a sea of wilderness?

• Subscriber

DawnMarieRyan wrote:

According to several news articles The Edge or David Evans will be building 4 mansions on some mountain top properties in Hawaii. Here's the link:

I just wonder why more development is needed? Certainly it wouldn't be for lack of money? "Evirnomentally sensative" development is development and that isn't envirnomentally sensative. Development means paving over, cutting down, it means more people, less nature, it means impact. What about a small home amidst a mountain top nature preserve? We are losing nature at an unprecedented rate. Instead of an island of wilderness in a sea of humanity, why not an island of humanity in a sea of wilderness?

I just read the article you posted. FYI - Malibu is in California, not Hawaii.

I'm a big a tree hugger myself - I think we need to save what is left of forests and significant undeveloped areas. I'm AGAINST the development onMoosehead Lake in northern Maine by America's largest real estate owner Plum Creek - but this seems different - just how wild is Malibu anyhow? I don'tthink it's very wild. There is little nature left to preserve there. I think this is just a case of rich snob NIMBY - not in my back yard.

Correct me if I'm wrong.