I was almost a falling coconut statistic

I almost died yesterday. I was standing in the front yard and one of my coconuts fell from close to thirty feet up. The only thing I heard or felt was a thudright beside me. I mean inches. How the hell it didn't hit me on the head or break my foot I'll never understand. The statistics say 150 people dieeach year from falling coconuts, less than shark attacks. Well that is just great, I have 5 huge coconut trees in my front walkway, it's like swimmingthrough a pack of sharks each morning to leave the house. I for sure need to do something about this. I am gonna call the tree guy today and have him removethe rest of the coconuts. Crazy. If that thing had hit me on the head I would for sure be six feet under..

tacosontheceiling wrote:

Wow, that's scary...a close call. You have coconut trees in your front yard??

Yep, I live in Florida. Most of my neighbors grab them before I even get a chance to set them out by the road for whomever is wanting them, I've had all kinds of tourists come to my door and ask if they can have one, which is always interesting. I just give them away. The lady next door makes the best coconut pies out of them. I've been worried for awhile now, thinking one was gonna land on the cat or somebody walking up, this was a wake up call. They produce constantly so there are mega coconuts.