U2 shop quality...BEWARE!

beastie

• Subscriber

is it just me, or do other folk expect the worlds best & biggest band to have the biggest and best online shop on the planet?

in this i mean what has happened to the quality of the clothing that U2 gives their license to? i remember back in the 1990's on the ZOO TV, ZOOROPA, andPOP MART tours the shirts were well made with quality and pride. yet since the elevation tour, the shirts have been of a sub standard build and quality.

with the new album and tour etc, i thought i would treat myself to one of the new NLOTH related shirts to use my 25% off coupon up.

never being one for having bands faces on chest i went for one of the 'boots' graphic shirts.. this one to be exact....

U2T45848.jpg

a nice shirt, not the obvious U2 graphic. thought i might wear it at sheffield. sunny day, white shirt, keep cool, ya know the thing..

today i receive a small grey plastic bag... yippee, its arrived... i open it to find.... this piece of tat...

P070509_1803.jpg

errrm.. anybody see whats wrong with this picture? i mean, what a load of junk. it looks like a bootleg shirt. and believe me my dear zootopians when i say itFEELS like a bootleg shirt.... you could read a newspaper through the shirt its that thin. and the print will look stupid on anything bigger than a small tshirt.

safe to say this is going straight back... mind you, i might ring trading standards up first and find out what i could do about the shirt in the picture beingdifferent in design from the shirt you get...

so, BEWARE when ordering your "quality" U2 gear from fanfire / de-lux merchandising folks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

beastie wrote:

is it just me, or do other folk expect the worlds best & biggest band to have the biggest and best online shop on the planet?

in this i mean what has happened to the quality of the clothing that U2 gives their license to? i remember back in the 1990's on the ZOO TV, ZOOROPA, and POP MART tours the shirts were well made with quality and pride. yet since the elevation tour, the shirts have been of a sub standard build and quality.

with the new album and tour etc, i thought i would treat myself to one of the new NLOTH related shirts to use my 25% off coupon up.

never being one for having bands faces on chest i went for one of the 'boots' graphic shirts.. this one to be exact....

a nice shirt, not the obvious U2 graphic. thought i might wear it at sheffield. sunny day, white shirt, keep cool, ya know the thing..

today i receive a small grey plastic bag... yippee, its arrived... i open it to find.... this piece of tat...

errrm.. anybody see whats wrong with this picture? i mean, what a load of junk. it looks like a bootleg shirt. and believe me my dear zootopians when i say it FEELS like a bootleg shirt.... you could read a newspaper through the shirt its that thin. and the print will look stupid on anything bigger than a small t shirt.

safe to say this is going straight back... mind you, i might ring trading standards up first and find out what i could do about the shirt in the picture being different in design from the shirt you get...

so, BEWARE when ordering your "quality" U2 gear from fanfire / de-lux merchandising folks

I bought one of the ladies grey "let me in the sound " tee,,,,,while the writing on my tee is the same size as the picture i felt thatthe quality of the print was awful . And don't get me started on the material....i would be afraid to wash it incase it ripped. Also the sizes arerediculous......I ordered a XL to allow for shrinkage when its washed etc but it would only fit my 14yr old daughter now ....

Come on fanfire ,,Get Real.....you're charging enough for the tee shirts,get the quality up to standard.

• Subscriber

Holy ef! Thanks for posting this, I was already in doubt about the t-shirts artistic quality and sizes, but now I prefer to keep the discount coupon for betterdays (I'd rather use it to buy u2 books if someone cared to make them available).

• Subscriber

Lilliana wrote:

Holy ef! Thanks for posting this, I was already in doubt about the t-shirts artistic quality and sizes, but now I prefer to keep the discount coupon for better days (I'd rather use it to buy u2 books if someone cared to make them available).

Oh crap...i forgot about losing out on my discount coupon ,,mad.gif

They'll refund the cost of the tee-shirt but not the postage and then you have to pay for the postage to return the item to them,,,thats one hell of a baddeal...

Im returning mine today with a nice long note where it says "comments".

Im also waiting on a sweatshirt,,,,i might just be left waiting now once they read it.eyes.gif

• Subscriber

yeah, the returns policy is a minefield at best.

they make so difficult and expensive to send stuff back that you just bite the bullet and keep your sub standard goods.

having to pay for (insured/recorded) return postage is a joke as they will get some kind of discount at their end for bulk orders out... i work in a warehouse,so i know how this stuff works.

and yes, you lose your 25% discount into the bargin.... maybe they should rethink the percentage and make it 50%... that would fall in line the the overallquality of the merchandise. lol.

i'm still waiting for a grey "the future needs a big kiss" ladies shirt, and a XXL winged zip up hoodie which is on back order. i aint holding mybreath.

i'm sorry to say folks but, it's about the numbers.

fanfire will have tendered for the license to make the clothing with other merchandising companies....

and they will have come in the cheapest.. REGARDLESS of quality.

its all about the markup that the U2 empire can make per item.

why pay £/$10 for each shirt thats of a decent quality, when you can buy a £/$5 shirt that's lower quality and STILL sell it for $30 dollars in the shop.

at the end of the day it's a BUSINESS.... thats all the U2 empire is interested in.....

they dont care about YOU, they dont care me ME... they only care about the money in our pockets to give them that "great life" we hear so much about.

beastie wrote:

they dont care about YOU, they dont care me ME... they only care about the money in our pockets to give them that "great life" we hear so much about.

100% agree with you mate. I can't stand it when Bono makes the 'great life' comments at the live shows...really irritates me.

• Subscriber

I ordered a ladies large from the t shirt sale and it came, a little girls large. Its the tiniest thing, and yeah the material is thin. Ican't even decide if its worth it to return it!! Just to make the point I guess.

It is hard sometimes to be reminded that U2 is ultimately a business. One that has grown too large for the boys to be intimately involved with all aspects. And I know what you mean about the "great life" comments. But I like to think he is trying to say "thanks" and is a little embarrassedabout the obvious discrepancy between his life and ours.....

Then I think about how much their music adds to my life every single day, and I feel better......ohwell.gif